Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

go pro fusion studio freezes

my setup is win 10 8gb ram and i3 4170

if i click render it freezes. the CPU load is for a while 100%  when ends the software not responding. The rendered material is black. I have this problem on two PC

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: go pro fusion studio freezes

Highlighted
Nomad

You can also see if this fix works for you:

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

hi yours solution dont work but on my laptop i5 5200u is OK and on may other computer i7 2600k with gtx 1600 is OK, but on i3 4170 i have still black screen. i don't understend it. my i3 have 8gb ram ssd 520gb and thats all. this soft is crap? i3 4170 is better than i5 -5200u

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

i5 5200 have intel HD Graphics 5500 with dx 12 and i3 have Intel® HD Graphics 4400 with dx 11? is this valid ? but fusion studio need OpenGL 4.1 or later and intel 4400 have OpenGL 4.3 

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm surprised that the i5 5200u works, but both it and the i3 4170 are pretty crappy for video editing, much less for 360 video. You don't want to be using an integrated GPU either. I experienced a significant performance boost going from an i7 8700K GTX 1050 ti 32 GB DDR4 and Toshiba SSD to an i7 9750H RTX 2060 16GB DDR4 Samsung SSD. The i7 8700K GTX 1050 ti worked fairly well but could be slow and choppy. i can't imagine trying to use Fusion Studio with anything less.
Highlighted
Tourist

hi video video editing on i3 no no no! i use it only for join the video from gopro fusion. go pro max do it in camera, and i think i3 is much power full procesor then go pro max chip and better than i5 5200u. this software  gopro fusion stuidio is still in beta version.

Highlighted
Explorer

Well, you may not like it, or agree with it, but you need a more powerful system to utilize Fusion Studio for stitching and rendering your video. There is no point in debating it. It is what it is. Extremely unlikely Fusion Studio will get updated. the Beta versions (Fusion camera firmware), was for testing the 5.6K in the Max. the Fusion Studio Beta was just to handle the video created with the camera's Beta Firmware. The official Fusion Studio and Fusion camera firmware are not the Beta versions.