Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

go pro 8 will not pair

continue to get error when trying to pair. go pro 8 and iphone 11 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: go pro 8 will not pair

Hello @rapidflash666. Are you getting any particular error message? Please make sure that your phone is updated to the latest OS version and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed as well. After the updates, restart your phone and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. 

If the issue persists, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App.

See Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues for details. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Dear all,

I'm having the same issue with my Hero8. Have done all of the above steps.

Regards,

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I'm having similar issues. The phone says a device is found, but the moment that I try and view media or do anything else it says connection unsucessful 

Like the poster above I have already setup / forgotten / resetup wireless, turned it from 5Ghz to 2.4 and back again, setup and paired bluetooth

What I can't find on your support site as yet is something that treats me like an IT pro and not a 3 year old in terms of instructions 

I'm regretting asking for this for christmas now :(

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same for us, will be bringing it back to the shop.

Highlighted
Hiker

I wish I could I bought it online and traded in a working digital camera for a discount :(

Highlighted
Tourist

Don’t be discouraged. I finally have mine connected and love it. Make sure to have a SD card installed and update the camera. I don’t remember the steps but you can google how to do it without using the app. You will love it once you get it going.
Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks 

I have also managed it. but after about 4 hours or restarting and reinstalling, turning wireless and bluetooth on and off like you I have no idea what the final steps were that made it work...

I also have no confidence that the issues will not reappear... but for now ... 

merry Christmas :)

regards

Andy