Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

fusion app not connecting to camera

I having issues when trying to connect the Fusion with my iPhoneX (I have tried an iPhone 8 and getthe same results).

• I start the wireless on the Fusion through the connect -> gopro app
  • I start the wireless on the iPhone
  • I start the Gopro App on the iPhone
  • I select the fusion camera
  • The preview screen works fine
  • But only the record and picture preview buttons are highlighted (the video and setting are greyed out).
  • pressing the record botton does nothing
  • pressing the picture review button just gets a loading media holding icon appear.
  • After a while he fusion says 'TRY AGAIN' and wireless drops out

Since having this issue I have done a reset on the fusion as well as using new cards.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: fusion app not connecting to camera

Hello @neilb5213

Appreciate you posting details about steps that you have done so far. Try manually updating the Fusion camera (in addition to the camera reset) even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. This is to ensure that possible errors related to the current installation will be cleared out. You can find instructions under Manual Update here. Prior to pairing the camera with your phone again, uninstall and re-install the GoPro App. Should you encounter any further issue, please go through the steps detailed in this article on GoPro App Connection Issues. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,

Thanks it appears to be working now. Although the update did nt appear to work.

Neil

Highlighted
GoPro

Glad to hear back from you, @neilb5213. Great to know that the connection between the app and the camera is now established. What could have happened with the manual update? Should you encounter any further concerns, feel free to post back to so we can further assist . Best regards!