Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

front glass broken hero 8

Hello, why is there no repair kit for repairing the front glass of the GoPro Hero 8? All other GoPro before could be repaired it the Glass cracked or get broken. Now i have to buy a new GoPro to get this fixed.

I can just assume to have here a repairkit or just a new front cover which can be bought at the GoPro Store.
Without GoPro Plus there will be no way to get this fixed easy.

Please bring some kit's to get a GoPro fixed easy. Could not be that problem. It is also the better way for the environment to repair it or change the damaged part.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: front glass broken hero 8

With the GoPro 5, 6, and 7 the front glass was a seperate piece that could be twisted, removed and replaced.  With the GoPro Hero 8, there is no removable front glass.  This is why there are no repair kits for sale nor will there be.  

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

there are repair kits for sale again we are not gopro and find aftermarket kits.  Since I am on a gopro site I chose not to link it, reason why gopro went this route they  are  losing funds, and they found a way to improve their business offering a Plus plan no questions asked they replace for free the camera but at a scheme, a cost of    60.00 annually, and 79.00   limit of 2 camera a year, as long as there are the same model available. very smart of gopro to do away a with again the  fromt lens. 

Untitled 1.png

Highlighted
Tourist

Ja aber das kann ja nicht einfach so belassen werden. In dem Fall muss der Kunde dann eine neue GoPro kaufen wenn man das intakt haben will. Warum kann man nicht die komplette Front austauschen?

Hier sollte GoPro dem Kunden zumindest irgend eine Chance geben die nicht bedingt 1/3 der Kamera zu bezahlen oder gleich ne neue Kamera zu kaufen. Nachher verkauft GoPro nur noch sowas wie die Technik und jeder baut sich sein eigenes Gehäuse.

In dem Punkt muss ich sagen hat GoPro geschlafen und vergessen dem Kunden hier Service anzubieten. Das gleiche ist ja beim Display der Fall.

Ich bin Ingenieur und man kann das so entwickeln das es austauschbar ist.

Highlighted
Adventurer

GoPro is about Marketing.

use the warranty. call gopro.