Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

explosure on screen with protune

I have a gopro hero black 5 camera ... and in PHOTO mode the explosure does not work by touch on the screen. The problem occurs when I have the PROTUNE mode enabled. please help. I have 2.6 updated software. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: explosure on screen with protune

I vaguely remember this being discussed. I haven't used my HERO5 Black for photos in awhile, but I think the conclusion we came to was selective light metering doesn't work with Protune enabled for photos, but I could be wrong.

Is HDR and RAW turned off? If not, be sure to turn those off as for sure it wouldn't be a function with either of those two modes.

Also, if you want selective light metering (pressing on the rear LCD) you can't make changes to shutter or ev and possibly even the ISO. All of these are what are used by the camera to make adjustments when selective light metering. Make sure Protune is in default settings.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: explosure on screen with protune

I vaguely remember this being discussed. I haven't used my HERO5 Black for photos in awhile, but I think the conclusion we came to was selective light metering doesn't work with Protune enabled for photos, but I could be wrong.

Is HDR and RAW turned off? If not, be sure to turn those off as for sure it wouldn't be a function with either of those two modes.

Also, if you want selective light metering (pressing on the rear LCD) you can't make changes to shutter or ev and possibly even the ISO. All of these are what are used by the camera to make adjustments when selective light metering. Make sure Protune is in default settings.