Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

error frame scale=zero

[ New ]

Hi There, Ive just imported some videos from the Hero 8 Black and im seeing Black icons with a question mark in the media browser, among some of the videos which have been imported. when you try and open them I get an poor frame scale=zero, I can't open them and after importing it has deleted the original video, what has caused this error? How do we fix it? Not impressed at all. see attachments

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 06.58.44.png

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: error frame scale=zero

[ New ]

Go to your import location and change the extension of .LRV videos to .MP4. Now open GoPro quick, go to settings/General/MEDIA FOLDER, and then click on SCAN and then go and check your files to play. I hope it works. Nex time don't import your files via sd card adaptor directly plug in your GoPro to your laptop. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

hi,

you have to give more information to get help.

what OS do you use? 

some OS's/PC are not able natively to play videos especially hevc (h,265) codecs.

for example, my win10 laptop cannot play them.

you have to download the codecs or use alternative players. I use DivX.

robert

Backpacker

[ New ]

there are two posts in the forum same issue

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/ERROR-Frame-Scale-0/td-p/35321

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/ERROR-Frame-Scale-0/td-p/410408

no clear solutions, at least to me.

but maybe is something there.

i just hope you'll sort it out.

robert

Tourist

[ New ]

1. Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

There may have been a Quik edit done at the location when i posted some of the footage, but i wouldnt have thought that would render the files unusable when i retrned home to load into teh desktop app.

So in future does this mean we shoul NOT be utilising the Quik app while on teh go until footage has been backed up first.

its a real bummer if this is the case as it defeat the whoile purpose of being to post while out and about.

thank you for your reply...surely GoPro can fix this with an update or a patch at least.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 06.59.02.png
GoPro

[ New ]

@gav72isa, by any chance, have you already tried deleting the databases for the desktop app and re-indexing the media folders as suggested in the thread attached to robert1326's response?

• In your Finder window, navigate to Macintosh HD\Users\<username>\Library\ApplicationSupport\com.GoPro.goproapp.GoProMediaService\Databases. The file is called: media.db.
  • Ensure that both GoPro Studio (if available) AND GoPro for Desktop are closed. Delete the .db file.

To re-index the default directory:

1. Ensure your computer's sleep settings are OFF to prevent issue reoccurrence. (You can re-enable SLEEP once you're done)
  2. Once logged in to Quik for Desktop, go to the Settings menu.
  3. Under “Media Folders”, click the Scan button next to the listed default directory of each media folder you've added.
  4. Wait for the "scanning" icon to stop its animation, and the indexing will be complete. DO NOT close the laptop lid or put your computer to sleep during this process.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Go to your import location and change the extension of .LRV videos to .MP4. Now open GoPro quick, go to settings/General/MEDIA FOLDER, and then click on SCAN and then go and check your files to play. I hope it works. Nex time don't import your files via sd card adaptor directly plug in your GoPro to your laptop. 

Sightseer

[ New ]