Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

do not buy gopro after this

i buy this afternoon unboxing .and start record .then freezing.im use sandisk extreme pro sdcard.then when i touch snail icon (slow mo) gh8b show 'unavailable' the f+#%%^* ? everytime i pull out the battery then turn on .freezing until now.so 400$ i spend for nothing.really gopro ? i will tell all my friend to buy dji osmo action do not buy gopro.the worst ever brand in my life.sorry for my broken english
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: do not buy gopro after this

Before you go blaiming your $400 camera, have you tried using a different SD card?  I have two GoPro Hero 8 camera's and they both work perfectly, I don't however use sandisk extreme pro cards as I've heard too many complaints about them.

Highlighted
Tourist

i try samsung evo and sandisk extreme pro then i pull out the sd card.all the same .that show sd card is alright
Highlighted
Nomad

Did you format the cards in the camera before using them?

Highlighted
Tourist

after the first freezing with the video record .i format the sdcard
Highlighted
Nomad

Backup any info you have on the card.  Put the card in your PC and perform a full format of the sd card.  Remove the SD card from the PC and put it in your GoPro.  Format the card again in your GoPro.  After that, perform a manual update of your GoPro's firmware using the newly formatted SD card.

Highlighted
Tourist

how can i format the sdcard from gopro .my gopro stuck when i push on button
Highlighted
Adventurer

take some time to breath in and out. when you collect your thoughts  we are here to Help.

If you are new to all this then you will be frustrated. if not you know how to correct issues and   we can talk about what to use and not to use.

1 Dump any Sandisk product gopro is leaning away from them without telling the World.

2 use a Samsung Evo Select + card they are working quite well for the Hero 8 today, for me.  I had issue after issue with Sandisk and now PNY elite cards.  soon as the Samsung went in all my troubles went away.

you are going to need to  format your card. in a computer