Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

cracked viewing screen

A rock has cracked the viewing screen and have the plus subscription they are wanting $99 to fix it.  Not a big deal, but every ad that I see, every YouTuber that explains these cameras claim that if you hae the Plus, all you need to do is mail it in and they will fix it for free.  I guess this is not true???  

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: cracked viewing screen

GoPro Plus say they will "replace the camera, no questions asked", they do not say they will replace it for free.  They replace it for an ultra low cost ($99) and will replace up to two camera's per 12 months I believe.  You need to read the terms and conditions of what Gopro Plus offers and not just assume what's covered and what the costs are.

Highlighted
Hiker

yes , irishmandpx, you are right.

One should always read the small printed terms and technical specs BEFORE buying.

like for example :

360 audio (still here on display at your homepage as advertised , even if everybody knows, that it absolutely never was available till today for 7 month now )

5k6 30 stiched video (had the old fusion ) but the max has only 5k4

and not to forget the never available software win10-Gopro-Player or a working exporter ..or even a support which does anything to help....

and why was there never any list of the "fees applied" , so the customer can decide BEFORE to buy ...

misleading or fraud ... I cannot say

but what I can say for sure is

never trust these youtuber who mostly got their cam for free and therefor ...... (commonly called "influencers")

never trust these forum guys who announce something like ...is under development ...or..... we passed it to the deveolpers

because

search for the current shareholder stock value ...and you find information about a lot of fired people and a company which is struggling to keep alive by making money at whatever way

there are nearly no more developers on board , despite Nick woodmans announcement in jan2020 to invest more in software

there will be another updated , maybe hero9, sometimes in fall ..which is not more then a bit of a firmwareupdate to the current one....and for sure there will be no new 360cam anymore from gopro.

sad but true

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah, I don't have time for that bu!!$h!t.
Highlighted
Tourist

You are right, this company is hurting and not providing any game changing software/hardware. DJI and every other China company is closing the gap GoPro once had.

I ha e the MAX and bought a Hero 8 Black today... as I am a YouTuber Hobbiest. Meaning, I don't sell anything nor tell what people to do... I just show my experience.