Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

corosion

Hello
I have a go pro hero 6 for a few weeks. I used it at sea to snorkel. after use it has been rinsed but white corosion appears at the hatch for the battery. how can I clean it?
thank you very much

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: corosion

Sounds like you got salt residueuse  a  brush and mild soap but  do not    have it wet in the camera use common sense if asked.  I then take some lube and go over the  parts   careful about rubber seals vasoline is safer then some oils.      as long as a film is on hehre will not be an issue next time.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @grandstorm55562

Can you send a picture? 

You may also contact GoPro Customer Support so that they would be able to check and provide resolution realtime. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Sounds like you got salt residueuse  a  brush and mild soap but  do not    have it wet in the camera use common sense if asked.  I then take some lube and go over the  parts   careful about rubber seals vasoline is safer then some oils.      as long as a film is on hehre will not be an issue next time.

Highlighted
Sightseer

thank you

Highlighted
Adventurer

Not a prob.  salt will turn white you know that.    next time  before opening wipe down the camera  that will help prevent any outside water getting in..