Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

copy deleted media back to GoPro App

Hi there,

I have deleted some media from my GoPro App, just to find out that some of those files belonged to a project that I hadn't exported yet. I still have those files on my computer, but even if I put them back on my GoPro, the app won't download them again (nor GoPro recognises them).

Is there a way I can do this, so that my project is not wasted?

Cheers

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: copy deleted media back to GoPro App

No, as of right now the GoPro app will not let you import external media.  If you still have the original unprocessed files you could try putting them back on the camera SD card and reloading them into the app that way, but this may not work if they have been altered in any way.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: copy deleted media back to GoPro App

[ Edited ]

I've already tried copying them to the SD card (they were not altered), but somehow the app doesn't fetch them, neither does the GoPro itself recognizes the files - probably it keeps some other database on the files it captures, that the app also uses when fetching new files.

EDIT: and the app allows me to import other media, but it simply looses any editing I had on those projects - I need to start over again.