Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

content

[ New ]

Spoiler

my content is being corrupted and is taking forever to download I don't Know why that is why I am here. I am disappointed. 

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: content

[ New ]
Most likely the issue is coming from the SD card (even if it's worked in the past). It's best to use one from this list if possible https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

If you have a USB/SD card adapter you should try transferring your media to your computer this way (not by connecting the camera to your computer). Once done, do a full (not quick) format of the SD card.

Using the rear mode/power button on the camera, scroll to Exit. When you see EXIT in the menu screen, hold down the top shutter until factory rest appears and then select this.

Download the Manual update to your computer and then place the extracted UPDATE folder (not UPDATE.zip) to your SD card. Place the SD card in your camera and turn the camera on using the back mode/power button. Allow the camera to complete the update and it should be working again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @reidm800

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It would be best to contact our Support team for immediate assistance. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks For the suggestion but I could not find any way to contact GoPro from Canada.  This I am annoyed about because there are many stores in Canada that sell GoPro products.

Explorer

[ New ]
Are you not able to start a chat? Be sure to check the times for when they are open.

As far as your issue, what SD card are you using and how are you transferring your media? Is it too your computer or mobile device? What resolution/frame rate did you film in? Is your camera on the latest firmware? How long have you owned the camera? Has the camera worked in the past?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @reidm800,

The Support team could be reached via Chat or Call, whichever will be more convenient for you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I haven't checked the chat but I will try. I am using a Transcend 32-gigabyte class 10 card and I am using an SD card to USB adapter to a laptop, I was filming in 1080 res and 30 fps. Not sure about the firmware but how do I check? I've owned the camera for 2 months and it has worked quite well in the past (P.S the camera is a hero 5 session)

Explorer

[ New ]
Most likely the issue is coming from the SD card (even if it's worked in the past). It's best to use one from this list if possible https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

If you have a USB/SD card adapter you should try transferring your media to your computer this way (not by connecting the camera to your computer). Once done, do a full (not quick) format of the SD card.

Using the rear mode/power button on the camera, scroll to Exit. When you see EXIT in the menu screen, hold down the top shutter until factory rest appears and then select this.

Download the Manual update to your computer and then place the extracted UPDATE folder (not UPDATE.zip) to your SD card. Place the SD card in your camera and turn the camera on using the back mode/power button. Allow the camera to complete the update and it should be working again.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank-you so much! I will try a different card in it!!Smiley Wink