Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

connecting hero 7 to PC

[ New ]

hi, I'm having trouble with my new Hero7 Black. When I connect it with my computer it, more often then not, doesn't do anything. Only when I remove the battery and wait a few seconds and then put it back, the Hero comes to live. What must I do to get it connected to my PC without having to work around this issue? 

GoPro

Re: connecting hero 7 to PC

[ New ]

Hi @edraket63

The steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows should help you out.

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable".

If it's still the same try using a different cable.

Other users confirmed that using USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 works.

If you have a USB-C to Thunderbolt cable, it should also work. 

You may also transfer files using an SD card adapter/reader instead.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I have contacted GoPro several times without any rrply. Sadly. Fortunatly my dealer gave me another Hero and that works fine
GoPro

[ New ]

@edraket63, we don't see any most recent contact request associated with the email address on your Support Hub profile. If you need further assistance with your GoPro, let us know if anything else comes up.

Tourist

[ New ]
That's odd. I have sent multiple mails. Must have gone something wrong. Never mind, thnx for your reply. Kind regards, Edwin