Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

clear glow in videos or pictures

[ New ]

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you what I'm wrong with in my videos or in my images. there is always a strong ring around the light sources, especially when filming in dim light. who can give me a hand, thank you.

G0010476.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: clear glow in videos or movies

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vanityschoki,

If you're using Google Chrome you can try to change the language in your local language and the browser itself will translate the text. 

You may try to reduce the EV ot -EV or 0 

You can also reduce the ISO to 100 or 200. 

Please let us know if that will work.

Thanks,

-Jay

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @vanityschoki. There is good information here https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Direct-sun-overexposure/td-p/9216 that might help. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you very much, I tried to do a search but the forum is in English and I do not know much, I use the translator, I speak Italian :-)

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vanityschoki,

If you're using Google Chrome you can try to change the language in your local language and the browser itself will translate the text. 

You may try to reduce the EV ot -EV or 0 

You can also reduce the ISO to 100 or 200. 

Please let us know if that will work.

Thanks,

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks I will do some tests and I will tell you. I was hoping that by leaving everything automatic these settings would run the cpu :-)

Nomad

[ New ]

Another thing that can cause this is having a smuged or dirty lens.  Make sure you clean your lens with a clean microfiber cloth, do not use papertowels or tissue.  Also ensure that you're not leaving your camera in it's dive housing or similar housing as this can result in the build up of moisture inside and introduce "fogging" on the lens.