Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

choppy video original GoProHero

[ New ]

I'm a new user.  Even though I bought my camera several years ago, I've hardly ever used it.  I'm starting to more as of this past week.  Is there any way to make the video look less like a series of stop-action photos and play back smoother, like actual video? 

I even wonder if I have it set to stop-action...

Thanks in advance,

BarK

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: choppy video original GoProHero

[ New ]

Hello @grayhike2361. Broken playback usually comes down to the computer not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough. There are some suggestions here that will help: How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

OK, this is weird.  I stopped one video during playback, and when I hit play again, it was smooth.  I checked another one and it was the same way.  Choppy when I start it, but if I stop it and then start it again, it's smooth.  I'm using the Quik app on my laptop to play them.  If I send them to someone or post one on Facebook, will it play back the shoppy way or the smooth way?  Why is this happening?  Thanks much, again!

BarK

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @grayhike2361. Broken playback usually comes down to the computer not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough. There are some suggestions here that will help: How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback