Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

charging gp hero 6

I just bought gopro hero 6 black, when I did the charging how to know if the battery is fully charged? there is no battery icon on the front screen,what percentage of battery should be charging??
I have been charged for 4 hours and the led is still red?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: charging gp hero 6

After four hours it's probably fully charged. There seems to be an issue with the light turning off when charging is complete. On my Hero6 if I turn the camera on and then off while it's charging the light goes off as it should. Hopefully the coming update will address this.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer

It should reach 100% within a few minutes or less.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
Explorer

After four hours it's probably fully charged. There seems to be an issue with the light turning off when charging is complete. On my Hero6 if I turn the camera on and then off while it's charging the light goes off as it should. Hopefully the coming update will address this.
Highlighted
Tourist

whether the led will off when it is fully charged?
Highlighted
Tourist

when turn it on,the battery is 95%,so wasteful battery.
Highlighted
Explorer

When I first got my camera I noticed it wouldn't charge all the way to 100%. Now it does. It's a Lithium so it really shouldn't matter, but the battery does seem to perform better after a little use.

After checking the battery level and finding 95%, did you turn off the camera and plug it back in? I've done that when this happens to me, plugging it back in causes it to fully charge to 100% and the light goes off.
Highlighted
Tourist

so if the the light doesn’t off,i must removed first the plug and plug it back in again? and how long should it be? thanks
Highlighted
Explorer

It should reach 100% within a few minutes or less.