Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

chaptering question, trying to upload one file to YouTube

Now I understand chaptering. However, when I look at the media (in this case, video) on my Camera, I see one large file that was merged from the two shorter videos, as was explained to me. However, when I went to upload to YouTube through the GoPro App on my phone, I uploaded just the one of the two files (before they merged I guess?). The app on my phone won't recognize the larger single file that I see on my camera's SD card. I took the SD card out, and used a card reader/desktop computer. Much to my surprise, it was showing the two "chaptered" files again, not the one single large file that I see on the camera.

What I'm trying to do is upload one continuous large file to YouTube, not the two smaller "chaptered" files

thanks for the help!

Paul

Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: chaptering question, trying to upload one file to YouTube

your GoPro won't merge the files, when you preview directly on your camera it knows the other chapters & just plays it as if they were merged

Highlighted
Tourist

that's fine. My goal is to upload one large file to Youtube, not the two smaller chaptered files. You are saying this is not possible?

Highlighted
Backpacker

i'm not sure if it can be done just using a phone/tablet, but using a laptop/computer they just need adding together in Studio. Render that then it'll be 1 complete file which you can upload.

It might be possible to do the same thing with the Quik app, but I don't use it so can't say

Highlighted
Tourist

ok, I'll check out Studio, I'm new at all this

Highlighted
Tourist

I've had the same problem but I haven't found a way using the GoPro app for desktop to splice the files back together again and make it one video so I can upload to YouTube.  I can merge videos using a third party software but I would figure if GoPro is going to "chapter" videos when you download to a PC they should be able to "merge" them back together to make one video? Very frustrating!

Let me know if you find out how to merge using GoPro Quik for desktop.  Good luck!