Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

change screen name assigned by GoPro

I posted a question about the behavior of GoPro video and the Quick application on my Mac system. It seems that GoPro has assigned a screen name to me that I find unsuitable. I find no way to change it.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: change screen name assigned by GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone, 

A recent change has been done to the GoPro Accounts system. This was to allow change in username/ nickname for GoPro Account users. Please check on your end and see if it works. You can do this by logging in to gopro.com/login .  Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Click on preferences next to your Avatar
Highlighted
Tourist

I was unable to find a way to change the screen name assigned to me by GoPro by any means associated with the avatar icon on the message page. I found settings for language, time zone, online formats, web pages, etc. I've previusly reset my IM name and one other name feature that I cannot recall right now. Personalize is what i reset and it has no effect.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

To change your screen name, you'll need to change the name on your GoPro.com account. The Support Hub simply pulls that account info in.

1. Go to GoPro.com and log into your account.

2. When your name appears, click the down-arrow next to it and click on Settings.

3. Look in the Nickname field and click on the pencil icon to change your nickname (note that you can only change your nickname one time).

4. Save your record.

The next time you log into the Support Hub, your new account info will be imported.

Highlighted
Tourist

@jefft wrote:

.... click on the pencil icon to change your nickname (note that you can only change your nickname one time).

I have never (knowingly) changed my nickname, however there is no pencil icon showing. Does this mean I am stuck with my default nickname? Surely there is an easy work around? Any solutions appreciated 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @foggystar230

Once your logged in, go to Settings. Check the Nickname option, if you are seeing a red mark then the name has been changed already. The nickname can only be changed once.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The Service is available only to users who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. By accessing or using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen years of age, otherwise recognized as being able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law, or are not a person barred from purchasing or receiving the Service found under the laws of the United States or other application jurisdiction.

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 wrote:

..... Check the Nickname option, if you are seeing a red mark then the name has been changed already. .........

I am not seeing any red mark. I have attached a screenshot of what I see.

I can actually acble to type a new username, but there is no 'confirm' or 'save changes' button. Hitting 'enter' on the keyboard also does not work, so I am stumped. 

Again, I did not choose this username; I guess it is the default given to me. I have also never changed the username. 

I only wish to change it once. How can I do this? If I cannot do this myself, can I ask a GoPro admin/IT to chaneg it on my behalf?

Thanks.

go pro settings - username error.png