Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

cannot see the images and videos from my camera when hooked to my pc

[ New ]

Please help!

My SD card is full (a SanDisk card which works fine), and I am trying to upload the photos to my PC, my OneDrive Account and to my GoPro account. 

Every time I connect my GoPro to the PC, the only photos I get are ones from 2017 and prior.  None of the photos I took recently show up on the PC and it is not searcheable in my file explorer, either, even though I can see two folders in the DCIM folder.

The videos and photos are viewable on my GoPro, but for whatever reason cannot be transferred or found from an external device.

I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Please Help.

It is a Hero 5 Black.  My PC is on Windows 10 Home 64 Bit  and on an AMD A69225 Radeon R4, 5 Compute cores 2C+3G 2.6 ghz processor.  Both are up to date.

Thanks in advance!

ExplorerPage.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: cannot see the images and videos from my camera when hooked to my pc

[ New ]

Use an SD card reader instead and manually copy your files across.  It could be possible that your files were automatically copied however when hooked up to your PC as an MTP device, the .THM files were not copied across, so what you're seeing on your GoPro is actually the thumbnail file and not the high resolution JPG file.  This is why they are visible on your GoPro but you cannot see them when plugged directly into your PC.  Putting the SD card into a card reader and examining the files that way will let you know.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: cannot see the images and videos from my camera when hooked to my pc

[ New ]

Use an SD card reader instead and manually copy your files across.  It could be possible that your files were automatically copied however when hooked up to your PC as an MTP device, the .THM files were not copied across, so what you're seeing on your GoPro is actually the thumbnail file and not the high resolution JPG file.  This is why they are visible on your GoPro but you cannot see them when plugged directly into your PC.  Putting the SD card into a card reader and examining the files that way will let you know.