Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

cannot pair Hero Session with iphone

Just purchased  Hero Session and am trying to connect it to my iPhone using the GoPro app whihc tells me to choose the APP for pairing on th camera and then go to settings/Wi-Di and get the password . I do that and get the password and see the camera on my wifi list and select it and then type in the four number pin. Then nothing happens.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: cannot pair Hero Session with iphone

Hi @joec4180,

If you are still having some trouble getting that camera connected make sure you are updated to the newest version of the App "GoPro App" and run through theses steps! https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @joec4180,

If you are still having some trouble getting that camera connected make sure you are updated to the newest version of the App "GoPro App" and run through theses steps! https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the gopro session.  The software update didn't run in my camera, but it apparently the software wasn't the problem. I had connection issues, so I did the reset password/wifi on the camera, (they have the instructions on how to reset all the models if you search the support) but it was still asking for a password that didn't exist when I tried to connect.  You may need to make sure your phone is disconnected from and does not automatically connect (make it "forget") any other wifi signals in the area.  Then it allowed me to use the code on the camera screen  when the "app pairing mode" was selected to connect and re-name/re-password the camera's wifi.  It works now, but I still have to make the phone "forget" any other wireless networks in order to connect it to the camera.  Hope this help