Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

can't connect my phone to go pro

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: can't connect my phone to go pro

Hello @toughstar51325. Make sure that your phone is updated to the latest OS and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. After the updates, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings if accessible, and try pairing with the camera again.

Let us know how it goes. Should you still experience the same issue, please provide us the details below so we can help you further: 

• A screenshot of the error message, if there is any
  • GoPro App version
  • Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.80)
  • Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8)
  • Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 13.1.2 or Android 9.0)

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Greetings,

I have the same problem, I can't connect to my Hero 3 White because it says that the password is incorrect, I formatted the camera, put a new password and redownloaded the last firmware and software update and still it says that the password is incorrect, even thought that I copy-paste the password.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with android 8.0.0

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @supersurf47882,

Please try this. 

Open your phone's Bluetooth settings then delete any camera or Bluetooth device that you are no longer using. 

After clearing your Bluetooth settings open the app (GoPro App) delete or unpair any camera.

Download new Wi-Fi and Firmware Update. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

Then pair it again. 

-jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I just installed the app on the tablet, and I am able to connect to it, but with my phone (even thought that I just reinstalled the app) I am still unable to connect to it.

And also I did reupdate the wifi and firmware version of the hero 3

Highlighted
GoPro

You have to clear your phone's bluetooth settings @supersurf47882,

Just follow the steps posted above and you should be able to pair it. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Greetings,

I just did that (cleared the cache and then the data of the bluetooth) and I am still unable to connect to my gopro throught the phone. Is there anything that I can do to connect the phone?

By the way, why I have to clar the bluetooth data of my phone? Doesn't the gopro connect throught wifi?

Thank you.

Highlighted
GoPro

It's using both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth @supersurf47882

Did you also install new camera firmware?

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

You may also check this one: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Just follow all suggested troubleshooting step and that should fix that. 

-Jay