Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

can I view videos without importing them

Hello - I have just purchased a Hero4 Session. Can I view videos on my PC without importing them ? 12 minutes of HD video is 2.1GB and takes ages to download. Thanks :-)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: can I view videos without importing them

@rockysand30124 - If you have an SD card adapter, you can play the files directly from the SD card. There may be some choppiness or lag depending on how fast your computer can read the data from the SD card, but that is an option.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

There is not a playback screen on teh session so you need to use a smart phone or a computer to view them.

I sugest using a USB card reader its a lot fater for the file transfer 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply, but what I meant was watching the video footage on my PC without having to import the files. They are so large (2.1GB for only twelve minutes) so over an hours riding accumulates over 10GB and this takes a long time to transfer and uses a lot of disc space.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@rockysand30124 - If you have an SD card adapter, you can play the files directly from the SD card. There may be some choppiness or lag depending on how fast your computer can read the data from the SD card, but that is an option.

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

Sometimes I will import and watch it and thrn just delete it because deleting takes only a few seconds.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the info, will get an adaptor and try it !

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Jeff, will get an adaptor and try it.

Highlighted
Explorer

When looking for an adapter, be sure to purchase one that is USB 3.0 compatible (you will also need a USB 3.0 slot on your computer). It will be much faster than a USB 2.0. The Lexar 1000X comes with the USB 3.0 adapter and works great with GoPro cameras.