Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

can I stream from a gopro 6 to a monitor for 10 ten hours continously?

Hi,

I'll participate in an art exhibition. I'll need to stream from the gopro 6 to a monitor or a video projector for 10 a.m to 20 p.m each day between Febraury and May.

Do you think it's technically posible with no interruptions? 

The gopro will be outdoor.

Thanks a lot

Alex Muñoz

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: can I stream from a gopro 6 to a monitor for 10 ten hours continously?

@gatalex - You should be able to do a feed using the HDMI out port on your HERO6 Black. You can also power the camera that entire time as well using the USB-C port. 

If you want to stream, you should be able to connect the HERO6 to your smartphone using Periscope. The phone and the GoPro will both need to be powered to last for the entire shoot, and the phone will need to remain close to the GoPro in order to maintain the connection.

The one thing you'll want to be careful of is that with the side door open, the camera will not be waterproof, so you'll want to be sure it's mounted in a protected area.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

Re: can I stream from a gopro 6 to a monitor for 10 ten hours continously?

@gatalex - You should be able to do a feed using the HDMI out port on your HERO6 Black. You can also power the camera that entire time as well using the USB-C port. 

If you want to stream, you should be able to connect the HERO6 to your smartphone using Periscope. The phone and the GoPro will both need to be powered to last for the entire shoot, and the phone will need to remain close to the GoPro in order to maintain the connection.

The one thing you'll want to be careful of is that with the side door open, the camera will not be waterproof, so you'll want to be sure it's mounted in a protected area.