Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

camera settings for wakeboard

I have mounted my hero 7 black on the back of my boat. It is attached where the tow rope connects so follows the skier. I was trying to figure out the best settings for this. I would like to zoom in as close as possible but also need to take advantage of the stabilization feature of this camera.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: camera settings for wakeboard

For wakeboarding I would use a combination of the highest frame rate possible and the highest resolution possible and not use any digital zoom at all.  You can always zoom in in post production, but if you zoom when shooting then you won't be able to do much with the footage later if your subject gets out of frame.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

For wakeboarding I would use a combination of the highest frame rate possible and the highest resolution possible and not use any digital zoom at all.  You can always zoom in in post production, but if you zoom when shooting then you won't be able to do much with the footage later if your subject gets out of frame.

Tourist

Thanks! I went out on the lake yesterday to try it. I guess I was in a hurry, thle water is still too cold to get in it. Probably a couple more weeks till I get to try it.