Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

camera freezes

[ New ]

Hi, my gopro 8 black keeps freezing and becomes unresponsive to any buttons. used it today on paddle board and had to remove the battery 3 times, which is not great when you are at sea fiddling with the open camera around water.

Is this a known issue or do I need to return this unit?

thank you

Mark

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: camera freezes

[ New ]

@checkleylane wrote:
Thank you for the info, the card in the GoPro is the one supplied with the camera , 32 g ultra U1 so don’t think there is
A higher spec card than this . I have changed the card with a bigger U 1 card and if it persists the Ed n I will escalate to a return.
Thank you once again

Welcome to Gopro, pick any card on here EXCEPT the one you got that ULTRA, the camera wil l minimize a freeze. the Ultras are not to be used, if gopro gave you the ultra, tehn by all means report back to  the retailer and request a faster card,.

sd.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @checkleylane. Freezing is an indication of an issue with the camera firmware or the SD card used. These troubleshooting steps will help resolve the issue. 

Should you need further assistance, our Support team can be reached by chat or callback request through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thank you for the info, the card in the GoPro is the one supplied with the camera , 32 g ultra U1 so don’t think there is
A higher spec card than this . I have changed the card with a bigger U 1 card and if it persists the Ed n I will escalate to a return.
Thank you once again
Nomad

[ New ]

I rather recommend such an SD card:
https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Speichererkarte-SD-Adapter/dp/B07FCMKK5X/ref=asc_df_... = & hvdev = c & hvdvcmdl = hvlocint = hvlocphy = 1000997 & hvtargid = pla-588455240877 & psc = 1 th = 1 & psc = 1 tag = & ref = & adgrpid = 63149895578 & hvpone = hvptwo = hvadid = 309826494914 & hvpos = hvnetw = g hvrand = 7209405036863296652 & hvqmt = hvdev = c & hvdvcmdl = hvlocint = hvlocphy = 1000997 & hvtargid = pla -588455240877

Adventurer

[ New ]

@checkleylane wrote:
Thank you once again

Welcome to Gopro, pick any card on here EXCEPT the one you got that ULTRA, the camera wil l minimize a freeze. the Ultras are not to be used, if gopro gave you the ultra, tehn by all means report back to  the retailer and request a faster card,.

sd.png

GoPro

[ New ]

@checkleylane. As Fish stated above, Ultra cards do not work well with GoPro cameras. It may have been packaged by the store where you bought the camera from but the SD card is not among the recommended ones on this list. We will share this feedback with the team as well. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks for the update, learn something new ! Will change card .
All the best, great support
GoPro

[ New ]

@checkleylane, feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!