Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

built-in mics, stereo/mono, input level

GoPro’s mics do weird things, and I really wish I could figure it out. Listen right at the beginning of this video (0:00-0:18), it’s in nice big stereo. It seems to record in stereo when it’s not very noisy. But once there’s any significant amount of audio entering the mics, it squashes down to mono, as it does from 0:18-1:40. Then, right as it gets kinda quiet again at 1:40, it goes big stereo again, and then back to mono when I start skiing at 1:48.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6Pzptp0ks

It seems that it has some built-in threshold where when the audio reaches a certain level, it goes mono. Really annoying.

Is there some way I can set it to record in stereo all the time, no matter the level of the input audio?

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: built-in mics, stereo/mono, input level

DO you know you have a  Audio choice for wind only, sterio only?  It is now located in Protunes. when it used to be by itself on the main screens Interface, we are now forced to keep Auto mic sound or start using protunes   .

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

DO you know you have a  Audio choice for wind only, sterio only?  It is now located in Protunes. when it used to be by itself on the main screens Interface, we are now forced to keep Auto mic sound or start using protunes   .

Tourist

Awesome. Found it. Many thanks, fishycomics.

Adventurer

glad to help.      SImply overlooked and remember you have to again set up protunes as well.