Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

bug maintien horizon

[ New ]

bonjour à tous, 

J'ai eu un souci de maintien de l'horizon.

Sur toute la durée d'un rush, 15 mn environ, ma H9 a maintenu environ 15° d'angle sur la gauche. Dans les virages à droite, on voit qu'elle cherche à se recaler, et l'inclinaison passe à 5° vers la droite, puis se repositionner à la faveur d'un virage à gauche, à 15°.

Très curieux.

Je ne m'en suis rendu compte qu'une fois à la maison, à visionner les rushs. A noter que, sur le rush suivant, après que la caméra avait été éteinte (pendant la pause) puis rallumée (je reprenais la route), le bug a disparu. 

Extrait de vidéo, 4K, 60 ips, linéaire + maintien horizon, pas d'objectif Max.

Une idée ? 

Merci :-) 

GoPro

Re: bug maintien horizon

[ New ]

Hi @superhero2474

Thank you for the sample file. What version is the camera on?

Would you be able to test if the same happens when using a different resolution/setting?

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]
For cars, bikes I suggest turning all stabilization OFF. I see that same horizon loss at times plus the issue with turns where the stabilization gets confused on that axis. Between that, the crop, and the lack of app preview when recording to spot these things it’s better OFF. Just get your on-vehicle mounts right. For helmets just experiment.
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi

Version is 01.52

I can't remember what this exemple file's video resolution was, went in the trash... Here is another exemple, @ 2,7K - 60 fps (can't say if different).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe9VS8TrF7I

Hiker

[ New ]

ok but then what"s the point to have a super-high stabilization level cam if it is to turn this option off ? 

Would you mean this horizon leveling alone is enough to get a stable image ? 

Actually, I posted this topic to tell GoPro there is a bug : what can be done ? 

Hiker

[ New ]

bonjour 

en résolution 2,7K et l'objectif max, j'ai de nouveau le problème.

L'horizon est bien à l'horizontale au début du rush puis progressivement, la ligne maintenue penche pour atteindre quelques degrés, entre 6 et 12° selon les rushs.

Caméra version 01.52

Nous avons fait une balade moto ce week-end, et j'ai des tas de rushs à vous proposer.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-24 à 08.09.46.png

J'aimerais bénéficier de ma garantie sur ce produit.

Cordialement.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jeanduvar

Do you have GPS turned on?

Would you mind doing a test recording without the GPS?

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006  a écrit :

Do you have GPS turned on?

Would you mind doing a test recording without the GPS?

Hello Aragon

I lanually updated the firmware, following the instructions received by mail fron the assitance. Actually, the firmware version was already 01.52, but I anyway proceeded. Taped a few rushes with GPS-on. Problem still present. Turned GPS off. Yes, the problem persists. It is not as abvious as when GPS is on, but still.

Video's uploading at the present

I'll give the assitance a feed back call as soon as possible.

GoPro

[ New ]

@jeanduvar, please share these additional details with our Support Team so we can assist you further. You can reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez  a écrit :

@jeanduvar, please share these additional details with our Support Team so we can assist you further. You can reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. Thanks!

I thank you very much for this advice. Actually, I already have a opened case. Time now to let them know, indeed, about these news.

Nomad

[ New ]

Yup, happens to me as well

Camera is on current firmware 1.52, which was done manually per gopro recommendations. 

Looks like we need some more firmware updates huh?

Here is a sample, uploaded straight from the camera. I stopped filming when I clearly saw the tilt. I am wearing the chesty mount from gopro, and I am walking straight on flat ground, no way the camera is tilting.

Settings:

4k30 Linear+HL

GPS Off

Min Max iso: 100/800

https://gopro.com/v/96QZn5lolw6Dm

Hiker

[ New ]

@emn420  a écrit :

Yup, happens to me as well

Camera is on current firmware 1.52, which was done manually per gopro recommendations. 

Looks like we need some more firmware updates huh?

WTF !! I am surprised this issue does not come out more often. Did you have any feed back from GoPro as the problem still exists after updating firmware ? 

Nomad

[ New ]
All I know is I was told by someone that a firmware update would likely be released by June.
I have been anxiously awaiting this update!