Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

black display

[ New ]

On my Hero5, the display on the back is black. How do I turn it on?

GoPro

Re: black display

[ New ]

@sunnytree66705, the rear LCD screen of your GoPro should automatically power on upon turning the camera on.

Be sure that the SD card isn't inserted between the SD card slot and the battery compartment. Doing so can put pressure on the back of the touch display. 

You may also try to remove the battery and insert it again. Then try to turn on your GoPro using the MODE button on the side.

Let us know how it goes.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi,
I have the same problem. I update the firmware as well! 

Still doesn't work! :/

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @javad77

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 ,
I already did that and talked to your agents. They didn't help as I don't have the receipt. They just copy and paste the warranty terms and conditions and said "Didn't you know that you need the receipt". Not helpful! not polite.
Anyway, I asked for a repair, again they said there's no repair service. I was willing to pay for the repair as the device is totally useless now. Any suggestion? Can you sell me replacement parts?

thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @javad77

Sorry for any trouble caused.

GoPro does not have repair options, only replacements.

Receipts are requested as part of the warranty procedure/process.

If you have further questions or concerns regarding your case, it will be best to follow up with Support through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej