Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

battery leaking

[ New ]

Hi Gopro!

First of all, I'm really happy with the camera I have, and I use my GoPro so often I can. There is just one small issue. I brought my GoPro out to an island and used it when we exploring the surroundings. Later that day I get home and notice that the GoPro smells quite weird. I open the hatch to the battery and try to get it out. It's almost impossible, it feels like the battery is stuck. I manage to get it out, but the battery has been stretched and leaked some sort of fluid inside of the GoPro. Not only is the battery completely destroyed, but also is the GoPro. I just wonder what you can do to help me since the product should not get destroyed just like that.

I've tried to get in touch via the "contact us" site but it's clearly not working very well.

I have the serial number if needed. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

DB5D134C-DF6A-4623-A4AE-0E5E205F129F.JPG
GoPro

Re: battery leaking

[ New ]

Hi @felixvh

So long as the camera doors are closed, the HERO5 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.
Let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Well, I've already tried to contact you that way, without any results. You don't have an email to contact the support team? 

Thanks, 

Felix

GoPro

[ New ]

@felixvh, we currently do not have an active email support as it has long been discontinued.

When contacting our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.