Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

battery door

I was sitting with my Go Pro watching footage I shot. I was in doors at the time, the Go Pro slipped from my hand and fell onto the laminated flooring I have in my room. the battery door popped out of it's hinges. I have tried to attach the door back on however a small piece of plastic has snapped off from the hinge area and also the door is no longer flush. Can someone help me out? I only got this at Christmas via Amazon, it's still brand new (apart from the battery door) - protective film is still on all the lenses. My heart has sunk when I realised that I will not be able to use it properly. It's also difficult to put the camera into the housing.  HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE!!

20190402_170338.jpg
Tourist

Re: battery door

20190402_170354.jpg
GoPro

Sorry to hear about what happened, @goproneil. Please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Adventurer

Yes contact  by phone and let gopro know they will offer you some excellent options  Accedental drops can happen.  since there is no lanyard  pin or hing  the chances are really more then less I dropped mine a number of times glad the door never popped open  that looks like what happened to yours and bent.  I would not dunk the camera anymore till gopro takes carfe of you at gopro.com/contactus if not Amazon.com the seller.