Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

bad firmware 3.03: Hero 3+ Silver won’t turn on anymore reliably

Hero 3+ Silver was working fine as always until I decided to update the firmware. 

After entering serial number and dowloading the update and installing it via SD card the camera it won’t turn on most of the time.

When taking out the battery and SD card and puting it back together, it will turn on 1 out of 10 times. It seems random and is unusable in the field. Also it won’t charge when it won’t turn on. It is like the camera freezes in its off state.

The version number of firmware is now 3.03 which belongs to the Hero 3+ Black according to gopro’s website. 

The silver should have 3.02 according to gopro’s website. Could this be causing problems?

I did load the firmware a second time taking care to do it properly and allthough it was succesful, the problem remains.

Is there a way to turn back to the original / proper / reliable version of the firmware? I bought it back in 2014 and would like to have a reliable working camera again. 

ps. battery is changed and fine and is 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: bad firmware 3.03: Hero 3+ Silver won’t turn on anymore reliably

Hey @rapidpike10642,

Give the steps in this article a try:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

If you are still having trouble after that get in touch with our Support Team directly.

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: bad firmware 3.03: Hero 3+ Silver won’t turn on anymore reliably

Hey @rapidpike10642,

Give the steps in this article a try:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

If you are still having trouble after that get in touch with our Support Team directly.

Best,

Ryan