Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: "Wifi not ready, try again later" on hero 5 black

I have follwed the factory reset and remove the battery and reinset, go to connection and connect new device and select gopro app and done several times, it stays "wifi not ready try again later".

I do the maunally software updated, key in the series no. and email address and download the updated files and update the software through sd care and updated to new version 2.6.

but nothing changed, since no wifi in the camera so it is not possible to connect gopro app, right?

Highlighted
Hiker

I wonder you must have a lot of similar cases, and why you couldn't find a way out to get it fixed.

Highlighted
GoPro

This is odd, @stoutsand36076. We appreciate you providing as a detailed update In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You may also refer them to this page so they can see the attachments you have posted. Best regards!

Highlighted
Hiker

Can you inform how to create the name and password in camera without connect to gopro app.

Highlighted
Hiker

I want to chat now but always not available.

Highlighted
GoPro

@stoutsand36076 - The camera name for the HERO5 Black cannot be altered. The password can be reset through the camera itself. This means, without connecting to the app, tap on Connect, then Reset Connections, and then Reset. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Hiker

no, camera did nothing after connection reset nothing created by itself. don't get it why there is no name of this camera.

Highlighted
GoPro

To further check on this issue please reach out to our Support Team @stoutsand36076

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Also, please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!
Ej