Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

"Wifi not ready, try again later" on hero 5 black

I bought recently a karma equipped with hero 5 black, but the hero 5 is not responding and when I want to connect it to the the gropo app it says " wifi not ready try again later", following the message from the service text that I reset to the factoy default and remove the battery then reinsert it but nothing changed and the hero 5 black has no name and no series no. in the camera information. what can I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: "Wifi not ready, try again later" on hero 5 black

@stoutsand36076 - The camera name for the HERO5 Black cannot be altered. The password can be reset through the camera itself. This means, without connecting to the app, tap on Connect, then Reset Connections, and then Reset. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Sounds like there is an issue with your camera. Does it say HERO5 on the side of the camera near the lens protector?

You can try a manual update, but you need the serial number (see my reply to your other post about getting this info from the txt file).

Who did you purchase the Karma system from?
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Danielr,

Thank you for the information.

Yes it says HERO5 on the side of the camera lens.

I bought from Amazon and hero5 black is on the karma gimbal.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @stoutsand36076

Try to take out the microSD card and connect camera to Karma Grip. Test if the camera responds.

If it's still the same, please have the Karma Grip charged up to 100% and see if that produces different results. If that does not work, perform the below steps in the order listed:

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Disassemble the camera from the Karma Stabilizer.Take the camera out of the harness, harness off stabilizer, and stabilizer off the handle. Reassemble everything.
  2. Ensure that the Karma Stabilizer is up to date. (attach to Karma Grip and connect to Quik for Desktop. Keep in mind, this is only for the stabilizer and not the Grip Handle)
  3. Try performing a Hard Reset.
  4. Performing a Calibration with the camera attached to the grip.

If the camera will still not follow the Kama Grip commands after performing the above steps, please contact our Support Team. As this is a recent purchase, you may also refer to the same channel you got it from.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I have installed the camera on the grip with the stablizier, but nothing changed. (still "wifi not ready try again later")

the same grip and stablizier is working ok with another camera (hero5 black).

I do know why there are no name and series no. in the preference,  should it be already created automatically by camera when we power on?

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for getting back to us @stoutsand36076

Perform a factory reset on the camera. Once it powers back on, please remove the battery and wait a few minutes, then reinsert the battery once more and power it back on.

Go through the pairing process once more.
Please note that you may have to attempt this multiple times.

If it's still the same after few tries, proceed with a manual software update. https://gopro.com/update/hero5

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes already done several times from factory reset....... and also the the version updated v.2.6.

there is no connection possible because the camera just says "wifi not ready try again later",the blue light stays blinking.

the gopro app on my iphone 8 is 5.2.2(2968)

I have another one hero6 and hero5, they all have their own name and password and series no. but not this damaged one. 

Highlighted
Hiker

The attachment are 2 files from the MISC of the sd card, I don't know if it can help or....?

sd-info.jpg

version.jpg

sd-info.jpg