Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

actual price on hero8 is $299, if i trade my old camera could save another $100?

actual price on hero8 is $299, if i trade my old camera could save another $100?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: actual price on hero8 is $299, if i trade my old camera could save another $100?

Yes sell it privatly or buy the actual camera on sale $300.00

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: actual price on hero8 is $299, if i trade my old camera could save another $100?

Hello, @nicertoy. You either get $100 from the Trade Up purchase which is based on the original $399.99 price, or $100 off through the promotional price. 
Per terms and conditions, the offer "cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or promo codes, or applied to previous purchases." See https://gopro.com/legal/tradeup .  

Highlighted
Tourist

Definitely no sense to give away the old camera for free 🧐
Highlighted
Adventurer

they  are to remove  ads that conflict, they don;t

Highlighted
Tourist

Agree! This is something unexpected from a serious brand like gopro, a little bit disappointed!
Highlighted
Tourist

I just fell victim to this garbage, you're not supposed to have directly conflicting promotions and one as stupid as essentially giving a camera for free.  I sent in a Hero 7 for an 8 expecting an additional $100 off and just realized today what happened.  I asked for the additional discount,...No.  Can I get my camera back,... No.  What about credit for future purchases since I want to buy some mods...No.  They offered me a floaty grip, a **bleep** floaty grip.  I had a 7 and had all sorts of the accessories so I already had one.  Incredibly upset and reported it the BBB after the customer service line was no help what so ever.  I loved GoPro and was always raving to everyone about the camera, but this experience has really been disappointing.  I feel as though I was just robbed of a perfectly good Hero7.  In case anyone from GoPro even cares my order no. was NA02400780

Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear ya:

so when the final price you paid was $299.99 + tax, you sent in the camera, thinking you were going to get $100.00 off when the camera was recieved.  and a refund to the  account within days?