Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Youtube live stream no longer working

[ New ]

Is this enough info as I can make a video tonight with my Canon Vixia and post it on my YouTube account?  The only other thing you would see is the little red Live banner on the GoPro itself and no live stream video on YouTube.  Like I mentioned it does create the Stream Event on YouTube, but doesn't get any further and doesn't actually go live.  

App_Live.jpgYouTube_App_Waiting.jpgGoPro_NoLiveStream.jpgWebCam works.jpg2019-04-16_11-39-15.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

That was a chage from within the YouTube app on Mobile devices and not GoPro specifically as the article references nothing to GoPro and states *Note that this eligibility threshold does not apply to other live streaming tools so this is a GoPro issue and not a 1000 subscriber issue.   

Also that reference is magically on the GoPro site where it wasn't eariler.  UPDATE: Youtube has recently made a change to mobile livestreaming requirements. In order to stream while mobile (through the Youtube App natively or via the GoPro) you must have 1000 subscribers.  https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/getting-started-with-live-streaming

@aenriquez wrote:

@ragan1, we just recently received an update that Youtube has newly made a change to mobile livestreaming requirements. In order to stream while mobile (through the Youtube App natively or via the GoPro) you must have 1000 subscribers. Info can be found here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834?hl=en.

Tourist

[ New ]

That was a chage from within the YouTube app on Mobile devices and not GoPro specifically as the article references nothing to GoPro and states *Note that this eligibility threshold does not apply to other live streaming tools so this is a GoPro issue and not a 1000 subscriber issue.   

Also that reference is magically on the GoPro site where it wasn't eariler.  UPDATE: Youtube has recently made a change to mobile livestreaming requirements. In order to stream while mobile (through the Youtube App natively or via the GoPro) you must have 1000 subscribers.  https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/getting-started-with-live-streaming

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @nicebluff24723. We got the same status on YouTube, both on the app and the desktop version. The team is aware of the issue and is looking into it. 

We also tested live streaming directly using a mobile device (not through the GoPro) and we got the same result. Let us know what you get when test with your Canon device. We hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

PC Desktop YouTube on a laptop with web cam has NO issues and goes live without a problem. As expected the YouTube App won't go live, but using a 3rd party streaming app on IOS like Streamlabs that can control the Camera and Mic works withouts without issue to YouTube.  My Canon device is using a capture card to Desktop and also has Zero issues going live.  

The GoPro should work as well.

Hiker

[ New ]

I think it's bad business to sell a product that advertises that you can live stream with hero 7 and no other model.  

1. You say as the buyer, great that's what I need and you buy it.

2.  It works for a month and then all of sudden stops streaming.

3.  Mixed messages about what the problem is.

4. All of a sudden you need 1000 subscribers to use the live stream.  Wait,  what!  I didn't see any of those details when I purchased the camera.  What kind of agreement does gopro have with youtube to include their live stream service and then pull the rug out from the users.  That's bad business.

The result is I'm the joker that bought the gopro hero7 and paid the high price only to have the terms changed and not be able to use the camera the way it was advertised.  Thanks gopro and youtube for treating your customers terrible.  Don't waste your money like me.

I don't want finger pointing either.  Both companies worked together to make this happen.  

Explorer

[ New ]

@ragan1 wrote:

Both companies worked together to make this happen.  

You think GoPro worked with YouTube to create a restriction on mobile streaming from ALL mobile devices? Smiley LOL

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834?hl=en

We’ve (Google/YouTube ~ NOT GoPro) recently raised the threshold for YouTube Live with a mobile device (Not just GoPro, ANY mobile device). To be able to live stream on mobile, your channel will need to have at least 1,000 subscribers. 

Note that this eligibility threshold does not apply to other live streaming tools. Creators who have less than 1,000 subscribers will still be able to live stream through desktop and webcam

Hiker

[ New ]

You missed the point.  It's not about the mobile app part of things.  gopro advertised that the camera would work with youtube live streaming and included their app in the gopro app.  There should be a little note added on the gopro website that you need 1,000 followers for the live stream to actually work.