Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Youtube live stream no longer working

@ragan1 

You missed the point.  The GoPro camera streaming to YouTube does work.  Nothing has changed on their end.  If YouTube changed Live Streaming to being restricted to 30 seconds, again, this would have nothing to do with GoPro.  GoPro would not be responsible for putting an astrix *limited to 30 seconds next to YouTube live streaming capability.  The limitation is for ALL mobile devices.  So, if you are going to purchase ANY mobile device for live streaming to YouTube it is YOUR responsibility to know what limitations YOUTUBE places on mobile live streaming.  The camera itself has not changed, nor has it's ability to live stream.

Highlighted
Explorer

@ragan1 wrote:

gopro advertised that the camera would work with youtube live streaming (It Does) and included their app in the gopro app.  There should be a little note added on the gopro website (There is one) that you need 1,000 followers for the live stream to actually work.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Tested other streaming tool from mobile e.g. streamlabs obs, is working on my new account without 1000 subscriber on youtube. Only GoPro app does not "work" (camera says live but no stream data shows up at youtube side) with Hero Black 7. 

So it is definitely issue with GoPro. Only explanation i can think of might be then behind the scene GoPro uses some pieces of codes common with Youtube mobile client (that was hit with this policy change)?

GoPro please do not push the responsibility to Youtube, as other tools still can live stream from mobile...so points the fault to GoPro.

Live streaming is your selling point and feature which is advertised for this model, if broken then fix it no matter if you need to work it out with Youtube. Otherwise, your product and marketing material should all now be changed to state clearly such live streaming capabillity limitations.

Highlighted
Hiker

Just now tested yet another tool, DJI Go 4 on android to stream live from DJI drone and youtube received data stream fine.

So what gives GoPro, seriously look into this issue fast before more complaints and disgruntled consumers come knocking. Something definitely broken needing a fix to your live streaming feature, either with your latest GoPro app update or your Hero 7 Black firmware update.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for testing DJI Go and OSB and confirming they work on mobile as GoPro has only updated website documents to say not supported since this post was started. Live streaming to YouTube from a GoPro is an issue of GoPro and needs to be addressed in an update from GoPro!
Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for testing.  When you think about how many users must have been shutdown for live streaming on youtube I'm sure their bandwidth dropped off the charts.  

I've come to the conclusion that we're dealing with a software developement group that likes to pass the buck.  I take that from the comment of a long time member and contributor a few post ago.  Anytime I ever use a product that crashes and can't function normally you begin to question things.  I'm sure it's tossed together and so many programmers have added little bits and pieces that no one knows the history and all of them say "it needs to be rewritten from scratch".  No log was every created along the way.  Make it work so we can go public.  We'll hire a new group down the road to rewrite everything.  Sales go down and never happens and they can't afford to rewrite.

Maybe its just me but this reminds me of every old computer software program that crashed back in late 90's early 2k.  The customer service via phone is on that level for sure.

Take ownership of the problem and fix it.  Just updating a post to the website that says you "now need 1k subscribers" is going to look pretty bad when youtube says they never actually implemented that policy.

Highlighted
Explorer

@ragan1
What web page is this below?
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9228390

Who is saying you need 1,000 subscribers to do mobile livestream?
Highlighted
Adventurer

I just went to Livestream it will take 24 hours to  set up for me Lol  to activate it.  that is new  just been  put on hold til lI click

I  had FW 1.51 and    the  gopro app and I wasset all up to livestream with the gopro.     now hte new gopro app updated a few times I no longer am able to livestream until I update to FW 1.71.  GoPro is forcing me to update to Livestream what do I do?

get other issues with FW 1.71 or  not livestream.