Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Youtube live rtmp

[ New ]

Hello.

Id like to stream to Youtube but I have under 1000subscribers.

I tested streaming from Streamlabs and I was able to stream using url like rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Now I try using GoPro app and with the same URL app starts streaming and i see outgoing traffic. But Youtube doesn't show stream (as if don't start at all).

Why? It is your trouble or I do something wrong?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Youtube live rtmp

[ New ]

Hi @dist158

Heads Up: YouTube requires channels to have at least 1,000 subscribers in order to live stream from a mobile device to their platform. If you meet this criteria, you will need to enable live streaming on your YouTube channel. This can take up to 24 hours to activate.

See https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-live-stream-from-your-GoPro/ta-p/395877#YouTube for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dist158

Heads Up: YouTube requires channels to have at least 1,000 subscribers in order to live stream from a mobile device to their platform. If you meet this criteria, you will need to enable live streaming on your YouTube channel. This can take up to 24 hours to activate.

See https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-live-stream-from-your-GoPro/ta-p/395877#YouTube for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello.

I dont have 1000 subscribers. I don't use youtube streaminig. I use rtmp.

Then I use Streamlabs with rtmp I can stream to my channnel. But rtmp streaming from GoPro app fails. Why?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dist158

The app requires an account with 1000 subscribers.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I use rtmp, app starts streaming, I see traffic. but not works