Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method

[ New ]
I believe GoPro is using some special credit verification to avoid people who doesn't have more than 5 years with a credit card, foreign, and P.O. Boxes.
Nomad

[ New ]

@realrodrigopolo wrote:
I believe GoPro is using some special credit verification to avoid people who doesn't have more than 5 years with a credit card, foreign, and P.O. Boxes.

Nah I tried with my credit card of 21 years, no P.O.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same issue as well, but I have tried everything. It is clear they have some sort of issue in payment processing.

Tourist

[ New ]

Indeed, they discriminate in some way the buyer based in some database somewhere, my solution was asking a friend to get the deal from GoPro, to be sent to his home and then he sent me the package to mine, I transfer him the money to his account, that's it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have exactly the same issue.

I have tried acquiring the goPro hero 9 Budle to buy in gopro/es/mx  (ship and bill in Mexico) using 3 different cards from 3 different banks.

In each attempt I got the same error message "Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method".

On the chat with customer support I was told that I needed to check my address and billing details ( which I did and are correct and working in other websites). The operator on the chat could not solve the issue or identify the route cause and advised me to get a friend to order on my behalf because my address is now blocked for one month in GoPro system!

Speaking with a second operator ( now on the phone), I followed the instructions to buy in using chrome  ( didn't work), chrome incognito ( did not work), Edge ( did not work), safari on my phone (did not work). In total 10 attempts now and it does not work.

The operator than suggested for me to contact the distributor of goPro in mexico to buy the camera but no garantees of bundle offer nor support!

Funny enough if I try to buy the gopro subsicritpion ($49.99/year)  using the same websites and card it is accepted !!!

Clearly the issue is not my card biut GoPro's website.

Highly frustranting and no doubt one of the worse systems and customer services I have come accross!

Is there any solution for this issue?

Tourist

[ New ]

Why customer service is so **bleep**ty, I want to give them tons of money and they are rejecting it... 

Tourist

[ New ]

I believe the main error GoPro is committing is to NOT being clear and honest on what the conditions are to accept new customers, their strategy has been called shady, because if the payment method works in any other purchases, there is something else they are not accepting, could be avoiding sending packages to P.O. Boxes in order to fulfill their deals with official overseas ditributors, could be avoiding their commitment to support overseas, eitheir way, they havn't being honest about it, and that talks volumes about their values.

The only way I found to get the bundle was trough a friend of mine who lives in the states, he made the purchase for me and I wire the money to him, he then proceded to send it to my P.O. Box, I don't know what will happen if I decided to cancel or renew the useless subscription to GoPro, I'll research that when I have the time, in the mean time, here is an image of the whole package:

2020-10-28 16.21.43 - IMG_9543.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]

THE SAME PROBLEM
HELP PLEASE

Tourist

[ New ]

You are out of luck, just ask a friend in the US to use his address and card for the purchase. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
It helped you? Strange that I can't use my non-American credit card with American address!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Sorry, but this is a whole load of you know what. There are tons of us having the same issue and you guys are saying it is our problem? This is the definition of gaslighting. I can't believe you all do have a way to resolve this on the tech side nevermind a workaround to take the 100+ orders from us that are having this issue! I really need a better solution. Please advise on who I can speak to. I am the CEO of a wellness company and we pride ourselves on customer service. If I don't get a solve by tomorrow I will be contacting the C-Suite at Gopro, then the board, then the early investors/major shareholder. By the way, I am a shareholder myself having purchase upon going public. This is such poor business on so many levels. I truly hope you can sort it out.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 7.37.08 PM.png
Sightseer

[ New ]
Arg, I've been through all the same. I feel your frustration. Lmk if you figure this nonesnse out. Tnx
Sightseer

[ New ]
Good call. I am considering the same. These clowns cleary don't care about their customers. @diego97yey, send me a referral, please. bkd222@gmail.com
Nomad

[ New ]

You have to know that you cannot buy the accessories at discount price if you encounter to this problem.
This is not as advertised by the GoPro Plus subscription!

Nomad

[ New ]

@bkd222 wrote:

By the way, I am a shareholder myself having purchase upon going public. This is such poor business on so many levels. I truly hope you can sort it out.

They wont. You better sell your shares and invest in DJI. GoPro is out of business within 3 years with products rushed on the market half baked, incremental improvements and lack of customer support.

Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem here, i can not buy a camera GoPro MAX, and a try so many times in diferents ways and same problem "Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method." I think I'd better buy a Insta360 ONE X2

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having the same problem for over a month now!

I have spoken/chatted with customer support various times and it seems that they don't have a clue what is going on. They all say the same bollocks, check that your details are correct, try different browsers, ensure that your shipping and billings addresses are the same, etc.

I have tried different debit/credit cards, different addresses, different browsers (including incognito) and even different countries. Nothing helped whatsoever. I have also asked my mate to order it for me and he is having the same issue.

This is definitely something to do with GoPro's payment system. I just can imagine how much sales they have lost due to this error. 

I think it's about time they start taking this issue seriously!

Nomad

[ New ]

highly doubt anything will change in this elephant's head. its been going on for so long its engrained in their ethics and a standard practice (they may say it adds to the purchasing experience:S) - these types of posts date back to 2018 and before.

the only thing which will turn the tide is consumers going elsewhere (can't wait for the DJI OA V2) and them wondering when they wake up - oh Cr@p what happened - by then its too late and game over.

you'd think going direct they would ensure its as easy as buying from a local retailer.......:S

Nomad

[ New ]

@eski79 wrote:

the only thing which will turn the tide is consumers going elsewhere (can't wait for the DJI OA V2) and them wondering when they wake up - oh Cr@p what happened - by then its too late and game over.

Cant wait for DJI and Sony to go after GoPro's business and put them out of this misery, the good news is that the day is coming soon. I cant see GoPro still being in business in five years.

To all that cant buy GoPro 9 all I say it's good thing. I tried and it's an half baked product with lots of issue, the most important it freezes every now and then and you lose what you were recording.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello,

@GoPro I am experiencing the same issue as everyone else on this thread.
I have attempted using 2 cards/account which both have money and also Paypal.

Non works.
I have tried to purchase via android phone and mac browser.

What is going on GoPro.

There is currently a sale on gopro and do not want the deal to expire before this issue is resolved.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just FYI, there is another (shorter) thread on the same topic with additional posts by frustrated customers experiencing this issue: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Problem-With-Payment-Page/td-p/238940/page/2.

My entry in that thread:

This exact problem continues today, with identical error messages in identical situations, yet GoPro reps act as if they know nothing about it and continue to make the same worthless suggestions implying fault on the part of the purchaser or his bank. For four weeks [update: approximately 10 weeks], I have been unable to complete any purchase except when NOT logged into my account and thus not receiving the promised discount. By baiting customers with the prospect of price reductions in return for subscription fees and then denying customers those reductions by preventing purchases while logged in, what GoPro is doing is literally criminal.

Before a rep on this forum offers more of the same generic responses -- to use other cards or to ask a friend to place the order -- my order has now been placed by 6 people in 3 countries, using 8 computers, 2 browsers, and 14 credit cards [update: 7 people, 3 countries, 9 computers, 2 browsers, 16 credit cards]. I have eliminated all variables other than my log-in -- yet GoPro is unwilling to acknowledge the problem with their system and provide a solution, despite others having similar problems going back over a year, and actively within the past three months. In GoPro's home state of California (and no doubt every other jurisdiction where it conducts business), it is against the law to promise price reductions for subscribers and then deny those reductions after receiving the subscription fee.

Hiker

[ New ]
SAME PROBLEM HERE! how come the problem still not fixed !?
I finally choose to buy unofficial accessories.
Tourist

[ New ]
I still have the same problem today.
- Called 7 times,
- tried different browsers
- different computers/phones
- different credit cards
- paypal doesn’t even open a login page

My order :
Hero 9 bundle (hero 9, 1y subscription, handle, battery, 32gb sd card)
+ 2 accessories :
• waterproof case (hero 9)
• double charger + battery (hero 9)

I think the problem comes from the accessories but don’t know yet.. i’m trying one more time in a few days

Pls go pro FIX YOUR WEBSITE
Nomad

[ New ]
Try this.

Go to the subscription area of the site and buy a one month sub. If that goes thru (should) cancel it maybe an hour later.

Order your bundle now that you can pay. This worked for me as it unflagged me somehow.

It’s not your payment method, the error message they suggest is…in error lol.

Use the same past email acct if possible if you had a sub previously.

Skip customer service, they are nice but their script only includes non-working options for their ordering issue here.

HTH.
Tourist

[ New ]
The for your fast answer @stanleym7236

So you tell me that if i buy the 1 month subscription and then the bundle + 2 accessories it will work?

But the bundle includes a 1y subscription. Isn’t that going to create a new problem?
Nomad

[ New ]
I’m an enthusiast just like you so I am sharing the only thing that allowed me to buy from GoPro.

You would cancel the 4.99 one month subscription after a short time like an hour. Since the purchase goes thru a different part of the site, it seems to reset something.

It’s worth a try if you get frustrated?

Once you get your order placed, ignore the endless processing delays in their system for order status. Just check with UPS for any packages heading to you and you’ll hear days sooner than from GoPro.
Tourist

[ New ]

A lot of things scares me :

- are you in Canada? Because i am and i see that there is a lot of problems with subsciptions and orders that are "lost"

- What did you bought after the GoPro subscription? the bundle hero9? because it seems the problem comes from the bundle and not the subscription

- I saw tons of comments on other websites that Gopro Website is a scam.

Thanks for your answers, it helps me a lot

Nomad

[ New ]

@horizonzero wrote:

Wow that's a bit much. I would say that GoPro 9 is a scam. The web site is just buggy.

Tourist

[ New ]

@davidea2p wrote:

@horizonzero wrote:

Wow that's a bit much. I would say that GoPro 9 is a scam. The web site is just buggy.

i saw commments with heto 8 also that's why

Sightseer

[ New ]
In the United Kingdom, I am facing similar issues. 'Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method.'
Nomad

[ New ]
Your card is fine, it’s a GoPro thing “the team” has been working on for many, many months.

You can try buying a one month sub and cancelling as I did. THEN, I could order without issue with the same card. 🤣
GoPro

[ New ]

@stealthblvck, I was able to locate two recently submitted orders on your account using the email address on your Support Hub profile. If you're having issues placing another order, and haven't yet, please try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. If the order will still not go through, please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Tourist

[ New ]
In Portugal I had the same issue, i could place orders only at the same hour, I ordered the gp9 bundle about 3am, I was trying to purchase the gp9 and accessories with the payment error.
Then I tried only the gp9 bundle and worked, around 3am only.
Then I only could buy the accessories I wanted again by 3am next day, it seems GoPro system has a bug or glitch, all day trying and same error, only worked around 3am.
In Portugal is what I did, by luck buying at 3am once now I know how to buy from GoPro, by 3am..I don't know why this happens GoPro by phone wasn't usefull.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Unfortunately, your street address is being blocked by GoPro. I am not sure why a company that is struggling financially would not want to take your money. What is the issue with selling accessories straight to the consumer without a middle man!?! No wonder why the stock has taken a beating since they re instigated that blocked address list last month.
Nomad

[ New ]
It’s not a Flaw, It’s a Feature.

Irritating and Good Will destroying.

But it can only be deliberate Feature.

The Devices are good, just minimize any contact with the company and you can stay Stoked.

Things like secret times orders are accepted or buying a one month plan and then cancelling to unflag oneself can help but is a mood killer.

Truly.
Tourist

[ New ]
You absolutely right, it was a headache to place the first order, my gp9, than o realized with my bank it was not my fault or bank fault, because no request for payment was submitted to my bank, saying directly my order could not be submitted.
I realize at about 3am it's the "magic hour" 🤣🤣 but you right it's a little annoying.
Tourist

[ New ]

sounds funny :D 3 A.M  California time?

Tourist

[ New ]
No, 3am Portugal time. I don't know why, my gp9 by 3:15am and next day all day trying to buy accessories payment error, by 3:05am it went fine.
That's the reason I bought gp9 bundle separated from accessories.
I was giving up from buying accessories from GoPro (because of subscription discount) but tried at same time as i bought gp9 and worked, support in Portuguese by phone was useless, answers like wait 24h, it must be an error on your bank etc etc, the support by chat in US was far better.
Tourist

[ New ]

So am I.... almost crazy.... try many ways, still can't pay by cards............

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here, tried different Credit Cards, PC's, Mobile Phones, VPN, PayPal, different timezones and time slots...
And this is funny, cuz gopro 9 bundle with one year subscription I've bought successfully, without any issues =)

Now support saying "Please go to retail", then why do I need a subscription? Absolutely useless support, absolutely informative errors... All this is looking like a bait, you could freely buy a subscription but you could not use it (promotions)

Well done gopro

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sunnystar5031

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble placing an order.

If by any chance you are using a new email address, see to it that it is the same email address that is associated with your bank account.

You may also try using an incognito browser.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 is it some kind of joke?

I've already said that every possible way is tried, and it is not too hard to read it.

Tell me next thing, bcoz your support chat is useless - why I've bought a bundle with subscription without issues and using the SAME account, SAME Credit Card SAME email address, SAME shipping address, and billing address, I can't buy any others thing?

Why you're promoting subscriptions everywhere and a ton of ppl in this (and other) thread couldn't use it bcoz of this error? Smells like a scamming. And I will not leave it as is, bcoz u guys are fooling people.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that you are still unable to make a purchase despite the suggested steps, @sunnystar5031. We recommend that you purchase locally through a nearby retailer or one of our local distributors. 

Nomad

[ New ]
And they give 50% discount having GoPro subscription?
I think not!
Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya totally useless, am I mentioned that I have a subscription? Or you blind?. Why df I should go to retail if I've bought a subscription to use promo price?

Tourist

[ New ]

So finally, after almost two months of torture, I've finally done it.

The reason was - stupid address autocomplete on shipping form (GoPro you gotta fire your UX guys), every address which is not listed in the autocomplete form - is not valid, even if pop up message said that "you could choose from the list or use yours address". If you close the popup and go with your address, fraud control (I believe) will reject your payment.

The workaround here is to choose the closest address from the list, or order on your friend\gf address (of course if this address in the list)

Tourist

[ New ]

I MADE IT! 

The trick is to purchase GoPro yearly subscription first!

Here is a detailed version of how I workarounded this "order could not be submitted" warning and placed an order for the GoPro HERO9 Bundle. 

1. subscribe for the £49 subscription (yearly, UK price). 

Explanation: You will eventually pay £49 anyway as it is included in the HERO9 Bundle. But by doing this first, everything changes on the webpage. Plus, it turns out that they gave me the subscription but didn't charge me the £49 at all. It is not surprising for me, as they can't even process my payment for the hero 9 bundle. 

2. Order the GoPro HERO9 Bundle alone. 

Now with the subscription, you will automatically get a discount. However, you will notice the price is not what you expected. In my case, rather than advertised £329, it give me a £379 price. It is a disappointment. But I end up compromise and accept the deal. I can't find a better deal than this elsewhere. Maybe it is the £379 that is true price they are actually offering rather than £329. 

3. Checkout with either Apple Pay or Klarna

New options for paying with Apple Pay and Klarna appear that weren't seen when purchasing GoPro HERO9 Bundle. I tried bank card and Paypal but still, the "order could not be submitted" error message. But, I tried "Klarna", it redirected me to my bank website, and .. it works! Gopro.com now has my order record. 

I just finished the payment and will see how it goes. Hope that works for you too. 

Notes. Before coming up with this idea of subscribing first, like many of those in this forum, I also tried for 50 times or so and called the customer service with the disappointing result (they provide absolutely no help by asking you to clear cookies, try incognito mode, and check billing address. So don't waste time calling them)

Sightseer

[ New ]
That's not really a solution... I did it, truly suddenly new payment method appeared to be possible and my purchase went through.

However they did charge me another 49 for the subscription. I just think that they don't stand behind their discounted price. They make it seem like a glitch.
Eventually I returned all the equipment, and wasn't refunded the whole amount. They accidentally forgot to refund me the VAT. twice.
I like their gear, but not the customer service or the quite indecent strategy of selling on their website.