Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

YOU GUYS MAKE A DIGITAL CAMERA THAT COMPUTERS CANT DOWNLOAD VIDEO FROM, GO F.

[ New ]

I can plug in all kinds of drives and download my files. Why does this overpriced camera not work? Seriously, wtf. Whatever cloud-based-community extreme video content your trying to mine for your brand, it comes at the expense of basic usuability. Why the F can't I just plug in the cable and get my own videos downloaded like I've been doing for 10 years on much simpler devices? you know why? b/c you're a bunch of f-ing morons. Thanks for the $$$ camera with corporate branding hand-cuffs on it. Real nice guys. Cheers.

Backpacker

Re: YOU GUYS MAKE A DIGITAL CAMERA THAT COMPUTERS CANT DOWNLOAD VIDEO FROM, GO F.

[ New ]

First of all congratulations on such a well worded articulated comment, you really do come across as a pleasant person whom people would be lining up to help solve their camera issue.  Well done on being such a shining example to the rest of the world.

Secondly of all, did you bother going into the connection settings of your camera and making sure that the USB Connection method was set to "MTP" (media transfer protocol)?

Nomad

Re: YOU GUYS MAKE A DIGITAL CAMERA THAT COMPUTERS CANT DOWNLOAD VIDEO FROM, GO F.

[ New ]

Think the question you should ask is

WTF does my brain dont work and realise it's me being a retard.

Go to settings and change it to MTP as suggested and this will go and do it for you

you could try reading the manuel and also see a doctor for a mentality test

Nomad

[ New ]

It can be done quite easily. Almost as easy as looking in this forum and see how others got it working.

Its all here, as well as in the manual 

Hiker

[ New ]

@demonviewllc thanks! I was having the same issue! MTP has sorted :D