Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Wrong timezone on GoPro hero 6 Overlay

[ New ]

Got it @christ3605,

I'll submit this issue to the right department.

We'll keep you posted. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Jay if you read the previous posts, the issue is not with the devices, they are recording the time in UTC, as it's the only format broadcast by the GPS satellites.

The problem lies with the QUIK software not being able to convert the GPS timestamp from the Hero devices, into local time. There is no setting for it so all videos ioverlayed in Quik are timestamped in UTC.

For a competant software writer, it's not that hard to fix. For Go Pro, it's the end of the world.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just adding another getting the same issue. As stated by others its clearly a Quik issue which seems to simply ignore timezones for the overlay.

Tourist

[ New ]

so beacuse of this I am trying dashware. So I got the speed and speed chart to working from the data  "m/s" but not sure which data values go where in order to get the map or g working

also tried racerender but it cost

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @jayr3438,

Check the post from @mowens on 22-08-2018, he also said that he was going to report this issue. You said that too now! For real... have you ever reported this issue?!

I've bought the Hero 7 Black and there's the same problem again!! It means that you didn't fix it from Hero 6 to Hero 7!! This is ridiculous!! This is GoPro we're talking about, not a cheep chinese brand! Come on guys!!

Just fix it, PLEASE!!

Hiker

[ New ]

I bought the Hero 5 just to test the waters and to see how great of a product GoPro really is, while I'm somewhat satisfied with the device itself I'm not so happy with the software and support the company provides. This would have been a very simple issue to fix and shouldn't have taken this long (I was hoping they'd fix this before releasing 7!), they've lost me as a customer and likely will never ever buy another GoPro product again.

Hiker

[ New ]

See instead of focusing on the go pro 6 issues they were just to busy trying to get the go pro 7 out the door with 3 models !  And the 6 still needs work done on it!  what gives.  its crazy.  I am patiently waiting for garmins action camera.  I hope they release soon because they are WAY ahead of go pro by a long shot.  Sure would be nice to have a product work as described.  

Tourist

[ New ]

As this is pretty clealry a sofware problem with the Quik application this thread is in the wrong place and probably doesnt help our cause.