Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Wrong timezone on GoPro hero 6 Overlay

It’s frustrating because this post was created in June of 2018, OVER A YEAR AGO, and GoPro’s response continues to be, A YEAR LATER, “We’re working on it...”
Highlighted
Sightseer

Doesn't sound like they're working on it at all. Sad

Highlighted
Tourist

Remembering the camera's themselves are correctly recording UTC time from GPS and embedding that into the file. It's just the **bleep**ty Quik software that lets the whole process down.

Most likely the resolution will be that Quik will be mothballed and replaced with some other software that requires payment for any sort of functionality like this..

Crap behavior GoPro.
Highlighted
Hiker

This doesn't seem to be limited to GoPRo Quick and the wrong time stamp in its overlay. Tried the same thing in conjunction with the Garmin editing software (Virb) for my bike computer and syncing it with the GoPro footage. That's one of the main reasons I bough the camera. Time stamp is off there as well by 4 hours (UTC vs local Eastern Time zone). So it seems it's a data field in the camera that doesn't account for the time zone correctly or not at all. No way to change the time stamp in Garmin Virb either for the GoPRo video file.

Between that and the less than impressive battery live on the Hero7 Black (and I bought three batteries...) it's borderline useless. 

Highlighted
Tourist

This is unbelievable, still no fix for this issue ?! Having the same problem as everyone around here. This is the kind of issue that makes me return the product !

Highlighted
Hiker

No fix it seems. I returned the camera today. They'll send me a new one (this wasn't the only problem). Not hopeful that it'll make a difference but I agreed to try.

Highlighted
Tourist

What model do you have 6 or 7 ? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hero7 Black, current FW