Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wrong timezone on GoPro hero 6 Overlay

Hi everyone!

Kindly confirm if a manual software update has been completed. 

If the issue remains the same after this then it could be on the hardware already.

Please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I've done that several times and no luck. This is extremely frustrating.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Count me on this one as well. Software update has been completed, and re-completed to be sure.

It's already been addressed that the Support Team was no help. If the problem is in the software, no amount of "assistance" will rectify the problem.

Please get back with us once the problem has actually been re-created and experienced by your development team. I'm sure it would only take a few lines to patch. Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Tourist

I have also done this multiple times. I see this problem has reported multiple times for years on these forums, please advise if this is being investigated?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of the information you have shared. I will have this checked further.

Once I have an update I will post back on this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here. Time is wrong on GPS overlay.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here.

Hero 5, Guiages overlay in UTC, and camera set to correct local Australian Eastern Time.

It's pretty simple GoPro, Gauges records the time from the GPS signal, and fails to take into account local time.

I can't see a timezone setting in the device, so it cannot know the differences between the GPS time and local time.

Therefor the Guages Metadata will always have GPS (UTC) time.

You need to update the device firmware to allow timezone, then embed that in the metadata.

Highlighted
Hiker

Same issue.  Looks like it's been weeks with no reply from GoPro.  Rumor in the news is they are going out of business.