Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Wrong timezone on GoPro hero 6 Overlay

I have a Hero 6. I tried using the gauges on the camera however the time on the information cluster is wrong. It is displaying the GMT timezone instead of EST. All of my times are 4 hours ahead of what the time should actually display as. I also checked the meta for the created date on the file and they are all correct.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wrong timezone on GoPro hero 6 Overlay

Hi @roberte08

What program did you use to overlay telemetry on the files? Is the time on the camera set correctly? What SD card are you using?

Are you able to share a sample file?

I can suggest doing a factory reset on the camera. If it's still the same, please try a manual software update.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I used the quik program to place the overlays. And yes my date and time are set correctly on my camera. As for the card I am using a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB class 10 card. However, a card should not cause a problem with a timezone offset.

Highlighted
Tourist

Also doing a factory reset and manual update did nothing to resolve this. The problem is with the GPS timestamp in your Quik program it is not taking into account the timezone of the video. If I were in GMT (+/- 0) the time would be correct. However Since I am in EST (-4) the time is 4 hours ahead on the info cluster.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @roberte08

Thank you for the additional information. I would assume that the time is set correctly on your computer. At this point it is best to refer to our Support Team to check on this further.

You may contact them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Just popping in this thread to say that I'm having this exact issue as well. The math works out to the "Info Cluster" gauge simply showing GMT as opposed to my local time. Maybe there's no compensation for time zone in the code? Either way, I've been searching and tinkering for a while with no results. Please let me know if there's any resolution on this, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I did that before I posted here. They were useless.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue. I can confirm that the overlay time is incorrect on both the Mac and Windows version of the desktop software. No, I was not out filming at 4am in the image attached!

23-06-2018 16-35-34.png