Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Wrong timezone on GoPro hero 6 Overlay

Go pro is a company that is suffering. It’s pretty obvious as it reflects in their products. U would think this would have been fixed before the release to public. Who cares right. It’s crazy.
Highlighted
Hiker

Even though, it surprises me it has not been fixed.
It seems like a core functionality. Isn't this happening to everybody?
How is this not bothering everybody that bought the camera?

Highlighted
Tourist

i think the GoPro product teams are not reading the forums at all.

We need to make it known to them using other means. I just sent an inquiry thru the feedback channel. Maybe if enough people make noise, it will happen soon.

For me, this issue just creates a feature i cannot use. Don't like it but what can we do (except this will be my last GoPro)?

Highlighted
Hiker

Yep the last go pro for me.  I had a garmin Virb 30 that was great, and had the data overylays way way before Go pro made an attempt at it.  Im waiting for garmin to hopefully put out another camera.  I got the 360 camera from them and its been great.  All go pro will do is come on here and say to contact support and they will help you.. lol.  Good luck guys!  keep posting!

Highlighted
Tourist

I am not much of a camera geek, but I thought that was a great feature.  I wanted to support GoPro too as it is an American company, but it is getting to the point that there is so much competition for Gropro, the company won’t be able to compete much longer Im afraid. Something like this it seems would be an easy fix?

Highlighted
Tourist

It is! It drives me nuts. It's obvious that Go Pro does'nt even read their own forums. This should be the easiest thing in the world for them to fix. Definitely won't be buying any more Go Pro products if they can't even be bothered with the simplest of fixes. We could probably talk all the trash we wanted to about them here and they'd never know!

Highlighted
Tourist

The answer is simple.

We identified the problem, and found the root cause for them (despite the multiple pieces of 'official' advice on this thread that firmware updates etc would be the fix).

In short, the problem lies with GoPro Quick, the software not with the device itself. GPS only sends UTC, the device records it, and it should be incredibly bloody easy for the software writers to add a field to allow the UTC time to be displayed in whatever timezone you wish. The fact that this issue started with Hero 5, and still exists show that the hardware products haven't changed, nor have the software writers done anything about GoPro Quik.

Here's the killer and the reason why nothing has happened yet. If you go to an alternate video software provider 'Dashware' there is a proud announcement on their page that "The Dashware team is now working for GoPro", which indicates that if you want to use the simplicity of GoPro Quik to add the Telemetry, forget about it. Looks like you will have to download Dashware and learn how to use it. Certainly not as simple as Quik, and no doubt be the end of Quik.

GoPro, do the right thing and admit that this problem will never be fixed in your software, and third party software is the only option.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same issue and is really disappointing!! Should be an easy fix on the Quik app as the data from the GPS should be correct, however... several months to fix an small bug, what a lame customer support