Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Wrong timezone on GoPro hero 6 Overlay

[ New ]
It's actually both. The camera records and timestamps everything in UTC which means when you import into any application the time will be off. Really the camera should either ask the user for the timezone or better yet just set it based on GPS location. And if you have no gps signal then you'd get unpredictable times I'd guess as Ive not tested that. Might have to check it in the shielded room at work tomorrow and see.

Tourist

[ New ]

If this was even posted in the wrong area, wouldn’t somebody at GoPro take the initiative to get it to somebody that could fix this issue.  Sort of sad but gives you an indication of what GoPro thinks of its loyal customers.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone!,

This information has been shared with the team in charge,

I will get this post updated as soon as I have additional information.

Apologies for any troubles caused,

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Having the same issue here.  It's a software bug but fixing it won't make them any money so I'm not holding my breath.

Tourist

[ New ]
This is ridiculous... No one does nothing! That is why I'm a brand new DJI happy client, where costumers are heard, unlike GoPro.

Cheers!
Tourist

[ New ]
Well it's nice to know that after having this problem now for FIVE MONTHS. It still has not been resolved. They're new "update" did absolutely nothing to resolve this issue.
Tourist

[ New ]

@tkp2010 wrote:

Jay if you read the previous posts, the issue is not with the devices, they are recording the time in UTC, as it's the only format broadcast by the GPS satellites.

They don't have to use the GPS time, they could use the time that you set on the go pro.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

It´s sad that there is still no fix for this.
This is a huge problem, I don´t get how they don´t realise it. ALL videos you capture mark a wrong time.
Isn´t this happening to everybody living outside the +0GMT area?