Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Wrong USB cable with Hero8

[ New ]

@patrick24000 wrote:

it's tedious to remove the frame 

Well, that is an advantage of the HERO8, no frame.

Yes, I was not able to get Quik to recognize my camera.  My computer did see and recognize the camera, but did not create a MTP connection for file transfer.

I usually use several cameras as well.  It's actually one of the reasons why I Don't use the camera to computer method. It takes much longer that way.

Just to be clear, I have no idea why the HERO8 is coming with the USB 2.0 cable.  The comment about cost savings is purely speculative.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Now you got confirmation it is the right cable.  And you got less accessories with it, is that a problem to?  

I grab any cable. I use any port and it loads just fine.  I am shocked the cable is not even shorter. Lol

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, I confirm the "questionable" choice to abandon the USB-3 standard that I previously had on the GoPro 7 and what ever, I would have imagined eliminating for the 8! Instead of moving forward, go back. Bah! The fact is, that in USB-2 the transfer of files from the cam to the PC is obviously very slow.

The GoPro 8 is really a nice toy, be it clear ... but after giving up the possibility of replacing the slow protection (which if you scratch with the 8th goodbye eh!), You also find an "old" cable and a battery (the one of the GoPro 7) not entirely supported by the GoPro 8. So on balance, I should take a new one but the nice thing is that you can't order it separately but only combined with the purchase of a GoPro. They replied that it is the sender who imposes this rule. The two retailers accessible by proximity, have none, as well as gocamera.it (I live in Italy) For now I only use one battery:

Bye

K

Sì, ahimè confermo la "discutibile" scelta di abbandonare lo standard USB-3 che prima avevo sulla GoPro 7 e che mai, mi sarei immaginato eliminassero per la 8! Invece di andare avanti, si torna indietro. Bah! Fatto sta, che in USB-2 il trasferimento dei file dalla cam al pc è ovviamente molto lento.

La GoPro 8 è davvero un bel giocattolo, sia chiaro... ma dopo aver abbandonato la possibilità di ricambio della protezione lente (che se graffi con la 8 addio eh!), ti trovi anche un cavo "vecchio" e una batteria (quella della GoPro 7) non del tutto supportata dalla GoPro 8. Quindi a conti fatti, dovrei prenderne una nuova ma la cosa bella è che non si può ordinare a parte ma solo abbinata all'acquisto di una GoPro. Mi hanno risposto che è il mittente a imporre questa regola. I due rivenditori accessibili per vicinanza, non ne hanno, così come gocamera.it Morale: per ora uso solo una batteria :\

Vabbeh...

K

Tourist

[ New ]
fishycomics, you're really a comic!
Thank you for your very relevant remark.
Adventurer

[ New ]

@fishycomics wrote:

Now you got confirmation it is the right cable.  And you got less accessories with it, is that a problem to?  

I grab any cable. I use any port and it loads just fine.  I am shocked the cable is not even shorter. Lol

@fishycomics   Do you think  when Dan gets his he can verify this today?  Yes, so stay tuned .    about the cable, do you think they ran out of stock and simply given what was in stock?    

Two  very  simple questions. Lol  Yep no cable, Kinda says it all.  

I hear ya wish gopro sold the cable to . but any after market 3A will do.