Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Wrong Camera?

[ New ]

After trading in my GoPro Hero 2 for a GoPro Hero 8, with a processing time of 14 days and a 2 day delivery transit time, I wasn't expecting to get my camera until the 9th of November.  Guess what?  It arrived today!  I was estactic until I opened the box and saw this...

Hero 8.jpg

The camera is upside down!  Even the packaging is upside down!!  I can't believe this.  They must have mailed me the Australian model or something....   This is a disaster and my life is ruined, what do I do now?

@danielr15  @fishycomics  Do you guys have any idea what I am ever to do????

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: Wrong Camera?

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx  Wait  you did not take a Hammer to crack open the shell did you, if not you must use a Claw grip..  I congratulate you Big time @irishmanpdx   Man that must be awesome  GoPro came through.   

COuld you do me just one favor and wipe the tears of Joy and enjoy her!     Hope you will be able t oanswer those questions we all have.

How are you liking it so far?  Stay stoked and we appreciate you thinking of us. Christmas before Halloween WAHoo!

View solution in original post

Explorer

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx 

This just confirms every rant and temper tantrum I've read on this forum to be true!  Unbelievable.  I can't believe how wrong I've been.  As an, "obvious GoPro employee" and "Shill", I just don't know what to say. Smiley Tongue

Congrats on the camera!  I sent in my Trade Up last week and Delivery tracking says it should arrive tomorrow!  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx  Wait  you did not take a Hammer to crack open the shell did you, if not you must use a Claw grip..  I congratulate you Big time @irishmanpdx   Man that must be awesome  GoPro came through.   

COuld you do me just one favor and wipe the tears of Joy and enjoy her!     Hope you will be able t oanswer those questions we all have.

How are you liking it so far?  Stay stoked and we appreciate you thinking of us. Christmas before Halloween WAHoo!

Explorer

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx 

This just confirms every rant and temper tantrum I've read on this forum to be true!  Unbelievable.  I can't believe how wrong I've been.  As an, "obvious GoPro employee" and "Shill", I just don't know what to say. Smiley Tongue

Congrats on the camera!  I sent in my Trade Up last week and Delivery tracking says it should arrive tomorrow!  

Nomad

[ New ]

Ok,

Best solution is to send it to me.

I will look at and resolve issue.

Explorer

[ New ]
@robindean
If you can't get it resolved, my kid is really tech savvy and said he'd like a crack at it.
Nomad

[ New ]

I finally managed to get this issue solved, a guy on the bus I was talking to told me his cousin in Australia had the opposite problem.  They mailed him an American model.  Luckily for me he was flying Australia that very evening to visit his cousin.  So he said he'd swap my camera with his one.  So I gave him my Hero 8, I can't believe my luck!  He'll be back in 6 months.

Explorer

[ New ]
That is lucky!
BTW, I need your full name, birthdate, mother's maiden name, and credit card information. It's for a survey I'm conducting. Feel free to PM me the info at your earliest convenience.
Nomad

[ New ]

Did you get yours yet then?  Is today the day?  Keep us posted!

Nomad

[ New ]

strangly enough I have just had an email from :-

I am Zongo Daniel and work with BICIAB BANK Of Burkina Faso. I have an
important business proposal that will be of mutual benefit.

Please send me your direct number or your personal email so i can tell
you more about my proposal. It is very important we communicate and
you will be very glad with my proposition.

Waiting your response soonest through my alternative address below:

But back to the camera, good luck with exchange as my friend in Austrialia is bound to help me out as well

Nomad

[ New ]

Oh man, if that pans out, you'll be able to buy sooooo many GoPro's... I'm jealous!  Let me know how to get in on this deal....

Explorer

[ New ]
Ok, this is so weird. The guy who delivered my HERO8 was named Zongo!

I love the retro look!
20191023_165330_Burst01.jpg
Explorer

[ New ]
I've had a very limited amount of time to play with my HERO8, but wow, this camera has really amazed me.
Functionality: The level of control is amazing. After watching some so so reviews, I was concerned about this. Turns out, the customizing capability and quick access (upper left/right, lower left/right) are simply amazing. I can see how this might be a little overwhelming at first to people new to GoPro cameras as the options feel limitless, but if you take a little time customizing each preset (and making your own), the functionality and power of this little camera becomes apparent pretty quick.

Quality: YouTube videos don't do this camera justice. Yes, this is by far the best GoPro camera.

Stabilization: Had to do the shake test. This is serious witchcraft.

Battery: Chews this up pretty quick. Feels very similar to the HERO7 Black, but I'm sure there will be an equal number of complaints/questions if it's normal. Messing around with the menus almost seems to burn battery life faster than recording. Turning down LCD brightness helps.

LCD: Screen is vibrant and bright (suggest turning this down) and very responsive. I do notice some light bleed when the camera is on in darkness, but it has no effect when in low to bright lighting.

Secret setting: When connected to the app there is a setting "Noise". Is this a Noise/Grain reduction setting? I'm going to have to play around with this.

Heat: Yep, it gets warm. Doesn't seem to be an issue and I had no overheating or freezing, but another thing I'm sure people will comment/question

Voice commands: Off by default. Limited test, but very responsive. Didn't get any false activation and always responsive to all of my commands. Haven't done the comparison against HERO5/6/7 yet.

One thing I've noticed when comparing my limited use vs all the videos I've watched so far (including DC Rainmaker's extensive rapid fire videos), is nobody has been able to touch on all the features of this camera. It's not for lack of trying, but there are many layers to this camera. It's super easy to use. Almost so easy that I think many people (including many of the reviews I've seen) are never going to get to them all.

In summation: This camera is a BEAST and I'm VERY happy I upgraded from HERO7 Black (which I originally wasn't going to do).
Nomad

[ New ]

Please tell mr zongo to send me one as well 

Nomad

[ New ]

Cool, let us know how it works out going forward.

Explorer

[ New ]
Will do!
Also forgot to mention the build. Its not heavy, but feels very sturdy. Wanna say built like a tank, but time will tell on that. I'll be using the protective housing when surfing (hopefully tomorrow) until the lens protectors come into stock.
Explorer

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx 

Have you connected to the mobile app and gone through the settings?  I'm at work right now, but I really want to know what the "Noise" setting is all about.  If you have any insight on this, my patients (I'm a nurse in a hospital,... err I mean GoPro shill employee) will really appreciate not having my mind pre-occupied by this.

@aenriquez  @aragon1006 @mariustanya @haindash 

Any info or FAQ on the app settings for the HERO8 (more specifically the Noise setting)?

Adventurer

[ New ]

Sorry I did not have any sleep: I had an Emergency, had to  offer support and when I was at the Terminals I tripped oversome bags, a Person who  ran over  and apologized for leaving them where  they should not have been, . the Person handed me a wrapped package. and said Please I do not  want to be sued b/c I  left my  bags like that.  He gave me a Nurses name to visit to take care of me, promised  he'll  look after me, and Told me  His Pal Zongo, will be   Contacting a Regional office for me, that my   other package  will be there waiting, all I havet odo is swap out the package if not liked back to the store.  I forgot to mention the Kind Person did say 

PLAY it FORWARD

Nomad

[ New ]

I connected mine again this morning, but didn't see a noise setting anywhere.

Mind you, didn't notice anyone mention the "Add bluetooth device to camera" option.  I feel the need to spread the rumor that this is for bluetooth headsets.

Explorer

[ New ]
You need to go into the custom settings. Perhaps I'm on the beta app. But there is clearly a setting named Noise with the option for Auto, On, and Off.
Explorer

[ New ]
First test of my HERO8 today. Edit with the GoPro mobile app. Ten minute drive home from the beach and all my files where on my phone. About 10-15 minutes adjusting the edit, rendering, and posting to YouTube. Of course, the app tends to drop the bitrate and YouTube compression degrades it more, but I'm very impressed with the camera and his easy it was too get this video made and posted.
https://youtu.be/yrs6crrxa4A
Adventurer

[ New ]

WHart happened to the BLUE sky blotchy the water was DAM CRISP as can be. two scenes I loved but one I hated, you did not do a Side high five     Lol  (just kidding)  I am sure the  raw footage is outstanding.  COngrats .

Nomad

[ New ]

Dude, that frecking rocked!  I loved the slow motion shots at the end, really really excellent job!  You better be submitting some of this to the GoPro awards!

Nomad

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:
First test of my HERO8 today. Edit with the GoPro mobile app. Ten minute drive home from the beach and all my files where on my phone. About 10-15 minutes adjusting the edit, rendering, and posting to YouTube. Of course, the app tends to drop the bitrate and YouTube compression degrades it more, but I'm very impressed with the camera and his easy it was too get this video made and posted.
https://youtu.be/yrs6crrxa4A

Great video.

Loved it.

Explorer

[ New ]
Thank you all! I appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment.

@fishycomics
The banding in the blue sky I'm pretty sure it's coming from the GoPro app and then being exaggerated by YouTube compression. Yes, the videos straight out of the camera look incredible.
GoPro

[ New ]

@danielr15.  Good catch. We are checking with the development team on that (re: Noise). It could be the counterpart for Wind Reduction setting in the App. We will post back once we hear back. Thanks for bringing it up. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

OMG I got my gopro Hero 8 Black. OH MY Lord. I am so STOKED!.   

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764 (1).JPG

Nomad

[ New ]

There better be a new blog video about this!  Glad you got your camera man, hope you have fun using it... now that you've done me out of an income renting you my camera....

Smiley Tongue

Nomad

[ New ]

Also noticed that they didn't mail you the Retro model or the Aussie model...  Good for you!

Adventurer

[ New ]

thanks Bro       Oh stay tuned I outdid myself  on my last clip, lets see if I got enough left for a Hero 8 review..

Explorer

[ New ]
Take your time. There is a lot to learn and familiarize yourself with. Once you get it all figured out it's very simple.
Adventurer

[ New ]

first things first.   charging. then a story line Lol...

Nomad

[ New ]

Hey, don't forget the "update" part!

Backpacker

[ New ]

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

gopro addicted insane guys!...I'm here too!!!!...

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Adventurer

[ New ]

I see how people can NIT PICK on all the details of a Product.  I  simply went live and   talked    yap yap yap.   Need to lear nthe camera I find the older one to my liking to I can lock on to the settings  without saving to profiles  Lol  gonna  read the manual and play.

Heck  I   did what no one else coulddo, get a Sandisk Ultra not to crash   Ha ha ha I am King for the seconds  dam back to real life....

Adventurer

[ New ]

you meant hero right?/  you go Rob....

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @danielr15. Sorry for the delayed response. I got word from the team regarding your query. The Noise Setting on the app is the same as the Wind Setting on the camera. We already sent feedback to the App team to get it fixed. Thanks!