Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Wow... Just having a bad experience with ordering directly from GoPro

This is just a post of how bad my experience has been with ordering from GoPro and how unhelpful or unable to help from GoPro support.

Ordered a Hero7 for a trip through the trade up program. Contacted GoPro support on the 1st of oct. to make sure it will be shipped out on the 2nd of oct. so it can be received for use for a trip by Thursday. Was assured by the support that the unit will be shipped by the 2nd and would be received by Thursday the 4th. On the 2nd, contacted GoPro support to make sure that the camera was shipped. I was told the told by support that the camera did ship, but they don't have a tracking number. On the 3rd, still no tracking number. Contacted support, they still could not find a tracking number. So, they open a ticket. At the end of the day, still heard no feedback from GoPro. Contacted GoPro support again, and after 30mins of trying to talk to a supervisor and having no success. They finally got me a tracking number that showed the package still has not shipped (only shipment info was received by FedEx), and will not arrive till Friday the 5th. Ask if they could try to change it to a overnight so I can get it before I leave, and the answer was no. 

I know this is just a rant, and no one at GoPro will read this and respond. but I just wanted to put it out there. This was my experience and how bad it was, that it is making me think twice about supporting a company that cannot stand by their own commitments. I understand that support might not be at the highest level within the company, but they are the front line that represents you. The simple fact that I could not even talk to a manager to see if they could help was very disappointing. 

GoPro

Re: Wow... Just having a bad experience with ordering directly from GoPro

Hi @foggymesa40740

I am really sorry to hear about the delay on the order.

Surely, this is not the kind of experience we want you to have.

I understand that necessary follow-ups were made to check on the status of your order, please continue working with our Support Team.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej