Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Would you be able to charge the Max battery with the regular Hero dual chargers?

The socket/plug design for both the Max and Hero batteries look the same, with the only apparent difference being that the Max battery is longer. If anyone has their Max and could see the battery fits into the Hero dual charger, that be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Would you be able to charge the Max battery with the regular Hero dual chargers?

It's a larger battery over all than the Hero 8 black, so it's too big (in all dimensions) to fit into the Hero dual charger.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Would you be able to charge the Max battery with the regular Hero dual chargers?

It's a larger battery over all than the Hero 8 black, so it's too big (in all dimensions) to fit into the Hero dual charger.

GoPro

@phillyz, I agree with @irishmanpdx. For reference, here's the link for the Dual Battery Charger + Battery for MAX: https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/dual-battery-charger-plus-battery/ACDBD-001.html

Sightseer

I just got the Max 360 and found that its battery is narrower in the middle size dimension so it fits in the Hero dual charger and the pin out dimensions are equal so it seats nicely. Anyone know if it will charge without damaging either the battery or charger?

GoPro

Hi @ricardon38150,

It will not work and it might cause damage to the battery.

There a dual battery charger specifically designed for MAX. 

-Jay 

Sightseer

I tested it and it appears to work fine. I’m sure it’s not recommended but it’s a solution Nonetheless