Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Worst warranty support ever.

[ New ]

So, I suspect gopro does't honor the warranty for the old models to make you buy the newest.

I didn't had the money to buy the Gopro max so I bought the gopro fusion in a good price.

Two months later while snowboarding, the adhesive mount brοke and caused to lose the gopro. I sent pictures of the mount ears broken, I tried multiple times to reach and give more information as videos of how I used it to(to see the normal use).

No replies and they gave me a 20% discount of the gopro max in our first conversation as in every other warranty support.

Dear gopro, if I had the money I would buy the max in first place. You denied to warranty a gopro with two months use and a mount clearly broken. You could easily send a refurbished, that would be a much more appropriate support.

Of course insta360 is the next and only option.

Nomad

Re: Worst warranty support ever.

[ New ]

Where did you buy your Fusion?  How did you pay for it?

This is info needed to process a warranty claim.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Of course I have the receipt and is from an official dealer, paid in cash!

Nomad

[ New ]

Great, so WHERE did you buy your gopro "an official dealer" isn't a name.

Also if you have your receipt, just instigate a warranty claim.  If GoPro fail to live up to that warranty you can start a claim with the better business bureau.

It's a pity you paid in cash, if you had paid by credit card your card company could have issued you a refund and then they would have gone to GoPro for the refund.  This is one of the advantages to using credit cards, you have better consumer protection in cases like this.

Tourist

[ New ]

The name of the dealer is PUBLIC, a local store chain. Yes, next time only with paypal, I just made the mistake cause I was in a hurry for my holidays in christmas..

Gopro said two different teams invastigated the case and I hadn't any response or a mail for case closed, but the case was closed and they can't send a  replacement, what a support

Also I'm from Greece and I searched BBB is not possible. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I really don't know, how a clearly broken mount and a two months old gopro can not be a warranty case. 

Nomad

[ New ]

Physics.  If the ears on the mount broke, then it could be user error.  You see due to the mount design and recipient mounting on the Fusion, it's impossible for those fingers to break when the camera is mounted (unless subjected to a very hard impact).  However it's very easy to break the fingers by over tightening the screw when there is no camera in there as this causes the fingers to bend inwards and snap.  Therefore it's likely that the mount was broken before the camera was placed into it.  So user error.  

If you send pictures to GoPro and they determined that's the cause, then they aren't going to fulfill the claim.  

This doesn't mean you're up sh*t creek without a paddle though.  You can always let a 3rd party like the BBB step in and investigate your claim for you.  You can even do this online and specify what type of resolution you want (an apology, your money back, a replacement camera etc.).  Please note though that the BBB will also carry out their own impartial investigation into the matter and if they determinyou're in the right, great!  If they determin you don't have a case though, that's it, over and done.  

Tourist

[ New ]

I will try this BBB.

The adhesive mount was the one from the gopro 7, not the one from the fusion.

I guess the mount broke from the weight of the fusion. But, every gopro family member like abe kislevitz use it the same way.