Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Worse photos on Hero gopro 9 than my phone camera

I have just got my gropro hero 9 today. It is taking worse photos than my phone camera. Video quality is so bad that everything that it is recording looks blurred. Is it camera's fault or my fault? 

I have updated the camera, still of no use. Have I got a defected piece. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Worse photos on Hero gopro 9 than my phone camera

Same thing is happening to a lot of us. Read through the forum, hopefully a firmware update is coming soon.
Highlighted
Tourist

So we should accept the faulty piece?

Highlighted
Hiker

Looks like they cheated on customers.
In the demo videos, there were such beautiful pictures that it was a pleasure to watch.
I don’t think those shots were made with Hero 9.

Highlighted
Nomad

If they were it wasn’t with the firmware version we got at launch that’s for sure.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@nimblegorg14302 - How are you playing it back? What SD card are you using? Can you attach a link or samples? Thanks.

Highlighted
Nomad

I do not personally own the hero 9, yet, but the pictures a couple of my friends are posting on Facebook unofficial gopro groups are pretty amazing! And some great videos as well... I bet people are either seeing the low resolution previews or using wrong/fake SD cards... I see it all to often, and when i first purchased my hero 7 i was unimpressed with all aspects of quality in both pictures and videos, until I learned how to work with the files and use the proper SD cards

Highlighted
Sightseer

Not to hijack, but I also shared the same issue I think. I was at a wedding yesterday, and the camera seemed to struggle with clarity even in well lit environments. I had the camera on all stock settings, so that's probably some of the issue but.. I resorted to using my phone for things I needed immediate assurance of quality because I didn't have time to fidget with it. I can show you a few images and/or videos of yesterday if that helps.